May 25th, 2011
Fashion News, Style Inspiration, Swimsuits, Vacation, What to Wear
Style Inspiration: Caribbean Queen

Hey!
So as I type this I am undoubtedly en route to Kingston for Style Week Jamaica. I have no idea what to expect (and am frankly a little frazzled), but hopefully it will end up being a fashionably enlightening experience:)
For my almost weeklong trip, I’ve packed pool and beach essentials, like a bikini, chic wrap, and sunnies:

Of course I’ve included a few statement pieces, along with flat sandals for the day and strappy numbers for the night.
Get the look above plus more options here:

And stay tuned for posts from Style Week Jamaica!
What do you think of this Caribbean themed Style Inspiration?

19 Responses to “Style Inspiration: Caribbean Queen”

1. Grace says:

Ahh I miss Jamaica so much – my family, the music and the amazing food. When I am in Kingston I MUST go to Tastees and get a beef patty. They are homemade, piping hot and flacky-deliciousness!

Please take lots of pics!

2. artsylee says:

I love the sarong and those sandals are to die for! I’ve not too long returned to Trinidad from a stint in North America and I tell you, there’s no place like home. The breeze, the view of the sea from home, not to mention the people who hot like pepper! The Caribbean is where it’s at!

Even if the event is not what you expect, have a great time! You’re in Jamaica after all :D

3. dyshaun says:

It looks great Claire…short a couple of wrist/finger pieces IMO but def. in the Caribby spirit.

Have fun Claire! Beat dem bad guhl.

4. llehsal says:

Lovely Claire. Have fun in Jamaica :) I hope to God it’s not like our (Trini) Fashion Week (haute mess). Please don’t slay me fellow Trinis but I speaketh the truth. Can’t wait for tweets and feedback!!!

5. yusufswifee says:

This looks right on target…have fun.

6. IrieDiva says:

awww…nice you’re coming for Style Week but would have been better if you could have stayed for Caribbean Fashion Week which is better organised IMO but have fun when you’re here! :)

7. lipz says:

This is perfect for my upcoming Miami trip!

8. Myssdee says:

Love this. Especially that wrap

9. Mari says:

Yay! The official start of summer. I’ll be in bikinis on the beach all weekend. Yes!

10. OSeñorita says:

I love the sarong. Looks like you’re all set. Have fun!!!

11. artsylee says:

I agree with IrieDiva. Caribbean Fashion Week is by far one of the best fashion events in the whole Caribbean.

Llehsal… I agree with you some on some level. Our fashion week does leave a lot to be desired but each time I watch I see some improvements here and there. Plus, there are definitely some stand out designers whom I look forward to seeing all the time.

12. Island girl says:

welcome to Jamrock (Jamaica) Claire, lol……hope you enjoy urself!!!

13. sun.kissed says:

L-O-V-E, LOVES that Roberto Cavalli wrap.

14. esme says:

have fun on your trip claire! wish i was going somewhere tropical right now. i love the pierre hardy heels and the tibi dress.

15. Jaz says:

That sarong reminds me I need to be on a beach asap. Maybe Christmas time I can afford to be someplace hot

16. [...] in Cancun. What essential items should I carry for our trip? Thanks in advance.” As I said in this Style Inspiration (titled Caribbean Queen), all you really need are beach essentials: a cute swimsuit, equally cute [...]

17. [...] in Cancun. What essential items should I carry for our trip? Thanks in advance.” As I said in this Style Inspiration (titled Caribbean Queen), all you really need are beach essentials: a cute swimsuit, equally cute [...]

18. [...] there you have it! Ned more inspiration? We’ve got several guides on vacation dressing in our archives so be sure to take those out as well. Do you guys have [...]

19. [...] there you have it! Need more inspiration? We’ve got several guides on vacationdressing in our archives so be sure to take those out as well. Do you guys [...]