May 23rd, 2011
Celebrity Style, Kanye West, Who Wore it Better

You may remember the whole hubbub around Kanye West wearing a silk shirt from Céline’s Spring 2011 Womenswear Collection to perform at Coachella.
Well, Jessica Simpson was papped leaving Balthazar restaurant in Soho wearing a green blouse from the same collection.

While Jessica went for a 70′s vibe in cute bell bottoms and oversized shades, Kanye kept his look flashy, leaving the shirt largely unbuttoned and accenting it with jeans and lots of layered necklaces and bangles.
The Spring 2011 shirts have an ethnic print and a loose fit.

I personally think the shirts look unisex. Why can’t both men and women wear them?
Who Wore it Better?

36 Responses to “Who Wore it Better? Kanye West vs. Jessica Simpson in Celine’s Spring 2011 Silk Foulard Print Shirt”

1. Simone says:

I think Kanye looks better…just because he went against the rules for it being intended for a female. But Jess still looks cute

2. Michlle says:

Kanye def rocked it better. The blouse is unisex but JS should’ve work skinny jeans with it. She has too much flare and baggyness going on.

3. Gemini says:

Yeah Kanye rock’d it better. It looks sloppy on JS.

4. Hawa says:

Kanye did it better. And it wore it African-style although he probably didn’t intend to.

5. Shaq Nichole says:

I only like the way West accessorized it which Jessica could have done. That’s all but I kind of like the Boho chicness Jessica was trying to go with. But the shirt on Jessica does look bigger on her. She could have sized down??!!??

6. JuJu says:

I am sorry I just cant get with seeing a man’s chest-ies all out like that. No sir! If we aint at the beach cover it up

7. Its a home run for Kanye, he totally KILLED IT

8. yusufswifee says:

kanye…I am laughing because although I knew there was hubbub – I thought it was cuz it looked like a woman’s blouse…not because it was a woman’s blouse. Score for the “Blouses” – in my david chappelle/prince voice.

9. MP says:

Seeing it on the runway, I can’t quite say that Mr. West rocked it. However, I like what he did with it better than Ms. Simpson’s ensemble.

10. Ashnicky says:

Yeezy baby!

11. llehsal says:

Def Kanye.

12. Baise says:

Kanye did. It has a 70s dashiki vibe

13. Marie-josé says:

Thumbs up to our boy yeezy who can still look fly in woman’s clothes!
    Jessica simpson,…i won’t like to be you…..

14. binks says:

I really think this shirt looks more better on men, if someone told me this was a lady’s shirt I would have thought they were lying..lol I don’t see it figure flattering on any woman but Kanye pulls it off

15. LivvyV says:

Kanye rocked it all day. Did you see him at AMFA gala in the Cannes he look great beyond great.

16. chantel says:

Gotta love Kanye, that man that man ;)

17. sun.kissed says:

They both rocked it! Loves Jessica’s look from head to toe and Kanye made it work for him.

18. alice says:

love jessica simpson when she rocks a 70s inspired style!! not feeling kanyes’s manboobs…

19. OSeñorita says:

Kanye West wore it better. It doesn’t look good on Jessica.

20. ..... says:

Kanye, but he had no business wearing that blouse smh

21. artsylee says:

This is one of the least flattering blouses I have seen in a while. I don’t think either of them rocked it better than the other.

22. DaRiddler352 says:

Kayne rocked it better, btw where can i get this? *googles*

23. esme says:

kanye because the shirt looks way too big and baggy on jessica.

24. Jinx Moneypenny says:

YEEZY!!!!!!!!! He tailored it to fit his personality and all. I was actually impressed when I found out it was supposed to be a woman’s silk shirt.

25. This shirt does remind me of a shirt I wore back in middle school. I really can’t pick and I would have to say both.

26. StylishEarth says:

I love Kanyeeze but, I jus can’t deal w/ that chest situation… nothing wrong w/ a man who likes fashion but leave it for the Ladies to try and show out. And I am feeling Jessica’s style w/ the ripped Jeans… Go Jess!!!

27. MsKroberts says:

I like the way Jessica rocked it. I agree with the person above that said she should have accessorized it a bit. I’m definitely feeling her whole look over Kanye’s.

28. seasoned says:

He is such a QUEEN

29. ruth says:

Kanyeeee . Agrred that JS should’ve worn skinnies. The flare leg is too much, since the shirt is super flowy.

30. Kitana says:

Kanye did it best, his outfit is sooooooo Chicago! I didn’t know this top was for women. But I loved it when I first saw it.

31. Lucky says:

haha… Kanye

32. [...] ten years ago when you would never see a rapper in a video with a nicely tailored suit (and maybe a woman’s blouse)? You can thank Yeezy for [...]

33. [...] someone will have to replace him at Louis Vuitton. Enter Phoebe Philo of one of Kanye West‘s favorite design houses, Céline. She is said to be in the running to fill Jacobs’ possible vacancy, but even if she [...]

34. [...] someone will have to replace him at Louis Vuitton. Enter Phoebe Philo of one of Kanye West‘s favorite design houses, Céline. She is said to be in the running to fill Jacobs’ possible vacancy, but even if she gets [...]

35. [...] to wear and encourage her to be more daring.” Apparently, the gentleman seems to think that wearing a women’s blouse and putting out two tepidly-received collections makes him an expert on womenswear. I thought [...]

36. [...] when it comes to men’s fashion. After all, the guy’s worn a Givenchy skirt and a women’s blouse from Céline onstage. But it seems our favorite fashionsto has taken things to another level, treating audiences [...]