May 18th, 2011
Beyonce, Celebrity Style, Video

Beyonce has finally released her highly anticipated video for her new single, “Run the World (Girls).” In the almost 5 minute long clip we see Beyoncé striking serious poses and dancing in a series of looks by Alexander McQueen, Givenchy by Riccardo Tisci, Emilio Pucci, Jean Paul Gaultier, Norma Kamali, and Gareth Pugh:

Peep the breakdown:

Givenchy Spring 2011 Couture

Norma Kamali Fringe Shorts

Emilio Pucci Spring/Summer 2010

Emilio Pucci Fall 2011

Norma Kamali Aztec Jumpsuit, $575.

Jean Paul Gaultier Spring 2011 Couture

Alexander McQueen Fall 2010

Gareth Pugh Fall 2011

Gareth Pugh Starship Enterprise Heels

Lariucci Claw Set, $240.

Lariucci Power Earrings, $268.

Staff on set already leaked images and Beyonce has released a million teasers, so the looks aren’t really that much of a surprise. Still it was fun to watch, no?

What do you think of Beyonce’s newest viddy? Was it worth the wait?

Beyonce's Cover for her Upcoming Album, 4

83 Responses to “Full Video of Run the World (Girls): Beyonce in Givenchy Couture, Alexander McQueen, Gareth Pugh, Emilio Pucci, and more”

1. LA says:

Don’t forget the Laruicci jewelry she wore! Man, you put this up fast lol

2. Sarah Djarnie says:

Love the clothes…..hmmm The song will take some time to get used too but none the less great video… B is back!

3. DaRiddler352 says:

I am so over this woman I swear! The fashions were SICK I’m not going to lie, but I wish that woman would sit down somewhere.

4. Fashionbum82 says:

I cosign with DaRiddler352 the fashions were the best thing about the video…..the song hmmmm…I had to watch it on mute #jussayin

5. Hohosaretasty88 says:

lmao@ Fashionbum82 I watched it on mute too! Haha, and yeah, I don’t care for the song, but the fashions make the video worth at least 1 view

6. i think says:

the song sucks. musically has regressed BIG time. the fashions were okay. idk when i think of beyonce i do not thunk FASHION at all. a bunch of overpriced clothes i’d never wear even if i had beyonce money. video is a contradiction cause in the end they salute the men,no? shouldnt they salute her? lol okay im done. i miss old bey.

7. Vanessa says:

I like the vid, but some of the things she did reminded me of Gaga or reminded me of some looks she had in the “Why Don’t You Love Me?” vid.
    How do you know where celebs’ clothes actually come from? I wouldn’t even know where to begin!

8. lola says:

OMG!!! EPIC video. I can’t, too epic for words. The opening dance sequence is definitely a homage to the African band Tofo Tofo. I see Beyonce went to the MOTHERLAND for inspiration. YAAAAAAS!!!

9. lola says:

oMG! actually I think the guys dancing ARE THE BAND Tofo Tofo. How the hell did Beyonce get in contact with them? damn! Probably the best pop video of 2011. Pop music has been so boring; ’bout time Beyonce made it fun again. Looking forward to live performances. She will kill that routune,

10. Nia says:

Does anyone know who her fringe shoes were by?

11. Divathang says:

someone PLEASE teach me how to move like that. I’ d have a husband like Jay-Z too! DANG!

12. I love the fashion, but the video didn’t make me a fan of the song.

Like commenter “Nia” above, do you know who made the shoes she wore with the Norma Kamali Fringe Shorts look? They look like a version of the Louboutin Fringe Boots that were super popular a few years ago… I loved those shoes.

13. I must say that I wasn’t too thrilled with the song or the video. I love the clothes (fashion is my life) everything was displayed beautifully. It was very cliche the video in perspective. It just wasn’t the greatest but I hope it grows on me …. because you know bey is known for that awkward songs in the beginning and bangers at the end.

14. Natalie says:

Thanks for the QUICK and THOROUGH on the hot fashions in her video Claire. She does look stunning throughout the video. I don’t really care for this song upon my first few listens…however, as most Bey songs, I have a feeling it will grow on me.

15. Bonnie says:

The Gareth Pugh ensemble is so fierce,and of course the dancing is on point.I just hvnt liked the song dat much.

16. ANGELA says:

I watched it mute too…lol….clothes love them..but the context of the clothes and the story don’t work,except the gareth pugh look.the dancing should be left for the dancers,she looked a little too too,
    she is a great dancer but I felt she did to much of it.maybe because the song sucks,she pumped the dancing up..and yes, too many gaga references.

17. marymei says:

Claire, I have got to give it to you…you put in *WORK* on this blog. A breakdown of the entire video’s looks 11:51 pm?? *slow claps*

I am totally underwhelmed by this song (every time they play it on the radio, at first I think it’s gonna be Major Lazer and I get disappointed when it’s just this). However, I’m quite sure that, like all other Beyonce songs, this ish will slowly grow on me. In about 3 months I’ll know all the choreography.

In other news, I want those Lariucci claws but I don’t need a whole set…

18. marymei says:

And I totally just went to the site and bought one. Thanks for aiding in my shopping addiction, Claire!

19. Lex says:

This is why I love the FB, you all are on it! Beyonce is ridiculous and you can take that how you want to take it =/

20. KlosetLover says:

Vanessa: IDK about that, I definetely see Beyonce and not Lady Gaga! B has been known for the brass, gold, metal outfits from the jump.

But all in all…I like it!

21. [...] Claire over at The Fashion Bomb broke down all of the pieces in the video. FTW. [FB] [...]

22. yusufswifee says:

whoooo, lawd – this song makes my ears bleed. But I’m a beyonce fan – will be buying the album and as always she’s a pretty girl and I love this fashion breakdown. At some point I’ll watch the video – on silent.:-)

23. christy says:

ok…. nice clothes, and i love bey’s legs… the video was ok and i wish the video had ended with the men saluting the women instead of the other way around.

24. TY says:

The clothes were BANGIN, the video was SLAMMIN, and the song is HOTTTTT. It’s funny how everyone watched it on mute but as soon as it comes on in the club this summer you will be rushing to the dancefloor. Just wait…..:-)

Was B River dancing in this piece? Ooookay

Song – Wack
    Lead Guy – Hot
    Favorite fits – White gown & black holey catsuit thingy
    B’s bleached brows – Frightening
    Choreography – WTF
    Overall – C+

26. Gemini says:

Yah the clothes were great but i have to agree w/ some people she needs to cool it sometimes. Now a dayz everybody is trying to be avant-garde it’s annoying i just want to listen to the song.

Besides, i am tired of seeing Jay & Bey w/ pyramids!!!

27. Sefanja says:

She looks gorgeous! I adore the clothes, especially her black outfit.. Would love the song, if she had used a different beat. I’ve heared that beat way too many times up in the club T^T

28. Mona L says:

Anyone that has anything negative to say about this woman (Beyonce) is a bonafied hater!

She puts in WORK time and time again! The song may not be that great but the energy she gives…..NO ONE “LIVING” CAN COMPARE!!!!!!!!!

Imagine wearing couture gowns and doing a dance sequence in the desert.. Half of yall wouldn’t even make the flight!

Big Big Big Big Big Shout out to Beyonce!!!!!!!

29. artsylee says:

The song gets two Rick James thumbs down from me. While I think she’s really beautiful, can sing and looks good in the video, I think artistes today put too much emphasis on the aesthetic rather than the quality of music. Video killed the radio star indeed.

30. Madpet says:

The song definitely got a hmmm… from me and the video is likewise. Nice wordrobe but it looks just plain dumb to me. So the men are supposed to be intimidated by women river dancing in high fashion and lingerie??

31. MissMe says:

Beyonce did that Point.Blank.Period.

32. Hohosaretasty88 says:

@Monica L, what about people who are normal citizens with important JOBS? Do doctors, nurses, social workers, soldiers, etc not put in work and positively influence people’s lives? I beg to differ that “no one living” can compare. I think that is more important than the people in Hollywood who get paid tons of money for being entertainers. People being entitled to their own opinions does not mean they’re a “hater”. Not everyone is going to love her, or what she does. I enjoy a lot of her songs, but this is not one of them. Different strokes

33. Ashley says:

Can someone tell me the shoes that she wears with the Norma Kamali shorts? I <3 fringe The video = EPIC – it makes the song waaay better!

34. Nikki says:

I LOVED the video, and it was totally worth the wait. Though Bey can do no wrong, the videos she put out for her last album never really told the story behind her song: it was just a lot of dancing and a lot of black and white. She definitely stepped it up this time. Go, Bey! But poor Kelly! She must’ve thought her time had finally come out with this “Motivation” song. Mm mm mm! Bey just killed those dreams! lol

35. Stephanie says:

OMG … every piece is so … delicious

36. BOOBOO says:

Vid blocked@wrk:(
    Based on the screenshots she went IN w/fashion. I love love this song!! B can SANG and she is GORGE. Plus its a uplifting women/girls anthem.

WHO RUNS THIS MUTHA…GIRLS! luves it!!

37. Mona L says:

Let me make a correction for @Hohosaretasty88 since my comment was too vague.

“NO LIVING ENTERTAINER CAN COMPARE.”

Why bring in doctors and regular citizens in it when its a post about Beyonce and her profession is Entertainment?!

Doctors and other citizens get their accolades within their fields with award ceremonies and honors and bonuses in their salary so what are you talking about?! Get a life.

The song I don’t really lime but it’s stuck in my head from watching the video. The fashion was EVERYTHING!!! Those Gareth Pugh Starship shoes are sooo bomb!!! Oh & Claire you forgot that Norma Kamali cut-out bodysuit.

39. T1K says:

Im disapointed with the song, I had higher expectations.. hopefully she has better ones on the album… no the fashion is out of this world!

40. Cleveland Cutie says:

Great breakdown of the fashions! The song and video, however….could do without (C:

41. As soon as I saw the video I couldn’t wait for this post. Thanks! (=

42. [...] See more of the fashion breakdown at Fashion Bomb Daily! [...]

43. chrissy says:

Loved it, I woke up this morning and did the beyonce shimmy when I saw a glimpse of sun. Yasssssss lol

44. zy says:

the song simply SUCKS and I doubt it will ever grow on me since I generally change the station when it comes on. The fashions in the video are gorgeous. I see she’s trying to step out of the humdrum fashions she generally wears. looks like she was inspired by Gaga and Rhianna for this one… I do love the fashions though. if only i were a millionaire… *sigh*

45. [...] sure everyone has seen Beyonce’s new video Run The World (Girls) , Claire over at The Fashion Bomb has a full breakdown of all the high fashion looks that Beyonce wore in the video.  From Alexander McQueen, Emilio Pucci and more.  Below is Beyonce’s new [...]

46. dyshaun says:

The Beyonce shimmy <3 LOVE! @Chrissy.

Claire as I said before "the hardesttttttt working woman in bloggerdom" and this is why i pledge my allegiance to you.

Them fringe shorts? I would risk a jail stay to wear them bad boys.

If GaGa and Rih fell off the face of the Earth… Pray tell who would y'all use then?????? I love all 3 fierce ladies, btw. There is enough room for everybody. Crabs.

47. KBS says:

“Them fringe shorts? I would risk a jail stay to wear them bad boys.”

CTFU….You do that, and I will “hold” them for you til you get out. It’s the least I could do to hold a sistah down.

48. BOOBOO says:

I got 2 watch the vid on anotha site and *gasps 4 air* B is giving everything n the vid. The dancing, clothing..her on that horse. I can’t wait 2 hear this in a club!!! It was more than worth the wait.

Team Bey!

49. missTEE says:

Without the cursing this could have been a Willow Smith song…and the couture is sick of course but I think she only tried to climb to that level to compete with Gaga! <—My opinion don't shoot me *Kanye Shrug* LOL