May 4th, 2011
Fashion News, Style Inspiration, What to Wear, What to Wear for your Birthday
Birthday Style Inspiration: Try a Jumpsuit

In an e-mail titled, “All Dressed Out,Quiana said, “I’ll be celebrating my 31st birthday in a couple of weeks and I am not sure I want to wear a dress. Are there any other sexy alternatives? Help!”
Hey Quiana! If you can’t stand to wear one more dress, why not try a cute jumpsuit? They’re similar simple and easy, and are a chic way to step out without being too predictable:

For this Style Inspiration, we anchored the look with a jumpsuit from Topshop, then added a Frye clutch, Balmain gold heels, and Di Shana earrings from Max & Chloe. Finish the look off with Deborah Lippman nail polish and a dab of YSL lipgloss:

If you need any more inspiration, take a cue from these dashing jumpsuit sporting divas:

What do you think?

16 Responses to “Birthday Style Inspiration: Try a Jumpsuit”

1. yusufswifee says:

those earrings are the bomb…I’m looking forward to trying the jumper thing this spring/summer. Even though, my hubby calls them ‘onesies’.

2. They are back in a big way. I’m just not ready. I do like the short jumper that Kelly Rowland is wearing and the catsuit style of Amber, but I can’t commit. Not yet. Now the hazlenut and purple theme, is hot. Nice pairing.

3. Nunyabizniz says:

love the jumpsuits!

4. Dom says:

Cute for other folks, a bit too trendy for me. I’ve sworn off all rompers and jumpsuits.

5. ANGELA says:

Sad 2 see this jumpsuit go but here is a vintage one,that is in the same family as the featured jumpsuits…http://shop.ebay.com/jusnuts/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25.Thank you..I love this blog and this feature is right on the money for the jumpsuit trends.I always loved them..very easy chic:)

6. BOOBOO says:

I have one frm Xpress similar to LaLa’s but i only wore it while I was preggo. I MIGHT break it bck out since it is silk…mayb

I agree w/yusufswifee hubby it does remind me of a onesie:(

7. Cara says:

I absolutely love Kelly’s romper. The color looks fab on her! Rompers/Jumpsuits are trendy and probably won’t be around forever, but I really want to find one like that!

8. sun.kissed says:

I like jumpsuits sometimes, but I’m not really feeling the look above for a birthday girl. I think a brighter color like Kelly’s fuchsia romper is cuter, and black is always chic.

9. Dobe says:

Nice, Claire! I love jumpsuits! I wore a beautiful silk one for my birthday celebration two years ago, and I have a few casual ones. I am also thinking about wearing one for my birthday this year… in a couple of weeks.

10. Coldplayer says:

hot look

11. dyshaun says:

Me too. Love jumpsuits.

12. truth teller says:

I wore a teal one like Kelly’s for my bday 2 years ago…the romper/jumpsuit is a trend that will fade, but if you don’t necessarily go w/ trends (make up your own trend), then you’ll always be fine!

13. [...] Birthday Style Inspiration: Try a Jumpsuit [...]

14. McKenzie says:

Loving that YSL lipgloss a big upgrade from “oh baby” by MAC which needs to displayed at the Smithsonian at this point:)

15. [...] results="20"]Cue Jump[/affmage] [affmage source="clickbank" results="4"]Cue Jump[/affmage] Pop The Question With A Flare How did you ask your sweetheart to marry you? Probably it was not as …not as unique as some of these ways. But if you haven’t asked her yet, perhaps this will give you [...]

16. Nati86 says:

I love rompers/jumpers. Ever since I was younger I had all kinds jean, shorts, long, sleeveless all kind. I’m not all about calling attention to myslf definitely no show stop and if your nothing like me then a jumper (not romper) is the perfect way to go with some heels and a clutch. It really depends on ur accessories that you wear that will either make or break the outfit. But jumpers are beautiful very chic and elegant. If anybody know where I can find Lala Anthony jumper let me know that Hot!