April 19th, 2011
Beauty
5 Makeup Products to Buy for Spring/Summer
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

If spring should ever get here (seriously, 40 degrees in April? #cmonson), here are five products to make sure you have in your beauty arsenal…

1. Bronzer.

Yes, we’re already bronze, but apply some of this stuff to your cheeks and then apply a bright colored blush on top and hello, gorgeous sun-kissed skin!

Bronzers to try: Guerlain’s New Terracotta Bronzing Powder: comes in eight shades so you can find your perfect shade no matter your skin tone; Cover Girl Queen Collection Bronzer; NARS Bronzer

2. Bright Coral Blush.

Coral (or its more subdued cousin peach) is a color that not only perks up your look, but also looks great on all skin tones.

Coral blushes to try: Barry M Cosmetics Blusher in Apricot; Illamasqua Powder Blusher in Tweak; Cargo Blush in Key Largo

3. Red Lipstick.

Crimson lips take any outfit from “ok” to “BAM!”. Not sure which red works with your skin tone? Check out this post.

Red lipsticks to try: Stila Long Wear Liquid Lip Color in Fiery; MAC Lipstick in Ruby Woo; Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte in #17; Black Radiance Perfect Tone Lipstick in Reggae Red

4. Waterproof Eye Liner.

Keep your eyes defined and have the look last practically all day with a waterproof liner.

Waterproof liners to try: Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Eye Pencil; Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes; Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream (use with a brush; can also be used as eyeshadow, lip color, and blush)

5. Waterproof Foundation.

Want sheer coverage that can last through perspiration or a mid-day rain shower, try a waterproof foundation like Make Up For Ever Face and Body Liquid Foundation. Need to cover up some varicose veins or other marks on your legs? This stuff works its charm on the body as well.

Prices and where to buy:

Images via Style.com

Posted In
13 comments

13 Responses to “5 Makeup Products to Buy for Spring/Summer”

1. Ithica says:

Heard so much abt MUFE Body & Liquid Foundation I’ve got to get it. I live in GA & the summers are awful here but can’t live w/o my foundation.

2. Kimberlee says:

I mostly agree hehe… I’m pale so I think bronzer looks weird on me. I like “shimmer” like e.l.f.’s facial whip in white. I also think you should go for funner colors on your lips like coral or fuchsia!

3. AG says:

Where is that dress from in the first pic? Hotness!!!

4. Gemini says:

Joan Smallls looks gorgeous in that pic. I love the bronzer i am a very light and a bronzer just adds that shimmer and glow that i need.

5. [...] link: 5 Makeup Products to Buy for Spring/Summer « The Fashion Bomb Blog … 0 Comment Click here to cancel reply. Name [...]

6. layray says:

yeah where is the dress from in the first pic? i love the bangles too!

7. Claire says:

@LayRay and @Gemini the dress in the first pic is Versace Spring/Summer 2011. I am obsessed with Versace btw. xoxo

8. binks says:

I agree, the staples of summer and the first dress is gorgeous

9. Cmoni says:

Bronzer is a must just beware of overdoing it uuhemm EVA.. lol I need to invest in a coral blush, matte red and orange lipstick. I am no make-up guru but I think gold eyeshadow is beautiful on brown skin, especially in the summer. That Versace Dress on Arlenis is sooo HOT..

10. EgyptianBella says:

CHICA BONITA! AFRO-LATINA MODELS ARE BEAUTIFUL!

11. I totally agree, I was looking for some bronzer today….. Didn’t find any I like, might try some of the suggested ones in this post.

12. [...] sales your product will get, so check out to locate a market wherever people have a strong want.It is actually important in Net Advertising to get a goal industry such as Cooking, Food & Wine …rtising a products that people never want, you must advertise a product or service like Health & [...]

13. I believe the fact, the basics of summer and the first outfit is gorgeous