April 15th, 2011
Celebrity Style, Mail Bombs

Hey Guys!
So by the time you’re reading this, I’m most likely swaying to the artists at Coachella. I’m already having *so* much fun, I recommend you come at least once in your lifetime.
But enough about that, let’s solve these Mail Bombs!
First up Monique fell in love with Solange’s African inspired sweater and needed to know the designer:

She said, “It’s super cute!”
According to Upscale Hype, Solo went nightclubbing in LA in a $390 Opening Ceremony Embellished Cardigan and $390 Chloe Sevigny for Opening Ceremony “Mary Jane” platform clogs:

Get the cardigan here and the shoes here.
Ijeoma said, “Can you find the purse Mechad Brooks’ girlfriend is carrying in this picture?”

“I cant seem to find it on the Louis Vuitton website- can you find the name?”
It’s hard to see, but it looks like she’s carrying a Louis Vuitton Limited Edition Damier Trevi GM Handbag Sistina MM (Thanks Lauren!):

The Damier canvas is trimmed in smooth leather, accented with polished goldtone hardware. As it’s limited edition, you can no longer purchase, but you can rent a similar bag at Avelle.com for $275 a month and look into buying from there. G’luck!

Taleh said, “Where can I get the dress Eve wore to the Good Housekeeping Shine on Awards?”

“I’ve been looking for something like that to wear to an all white party.”
We found Eve was wearing a white leather dress from designer Jean Claude Jitrois (pictured below in cream):

You can purchase it exclusively at Realm Boutique in New York at 98 Green Street. Visit their website here for more info.

In a wardrobe query, Kay says, “I purchased this red lace dress from ASOS not too long ago, but now I have no clue what to wear with it.”

“… I’d need some help putting together two different looks– I’d like to see if I can dress it up as well a make it look casual. Thank you so much for your help!”
I’d say with this dress you can choose from three shoe colors, depending on your level of sauciness: black for demure, red for a little racy, and animal print for fiery! Opt for flat sandals for casual–vertiginous heels for a night out. Accent the look with any of the looks below (I’ll admit I’m a fan of a leopard shoe):

Lastly, Patrice says, “ I will be attending a 7pm wedding next week. I will be wearing this dress.”

“…I am at a loss as to what type of shoe to wear with it. Since its a wedding and spring time, I’d like to avoid black accessorizing. I also can only spend between $50-$100. Please help! Thanks in advance!”
I’d say your best bet is a neutral color. I’m leaning towards a metallic shoe in either gold or silver:

That does it!
I’m off to have fun at Coachella.
Smootches!

24 Responses to “Mail Bombs: Solange Knowles’ Chloe Sevigny for Opening Ceremony Platform Clogs and Cardigan Sweater, Mehcad Brooks’ Girlfriend’s Louis Vuitton Bag, and Eve in Jean Claude Jitrois!”

1. Cmoni says:

O how just love Solange <3… *girl crush*

2. sun.kissed says:

I don’t think a flat shoe will make that red lace dress casual, I say return it :(

3. BOOBOO says:

The lace dress should b worn in bed wit yo man. I don’t think i could wear that out n b comfortable. I agree wit sun-kissed return it:(

4. Brooklyn Lady says:

Claire that is NOT the Trevi. Don’t know which exact one it is but definitely not the trevi.

And I am LOVING Solange’s look. Very nice.

5. FROST says:

Mehcad’s girlfriend is Serinda Swan. I’ve been seeing her photo everywhere because of this but no one seems to know her name or that she’s an actress!

I have a slight girl crush on her. <3 lol

6. jacquelyn says:

the bag looks to be the Evora MM with the shoulder strap draped into the interior.

7. dyshaun says:

IMO, I love the lace dress. I have one similar, straight cut though, almost sheath like…and unlined.

Ive worn it with a red patent peep toe and a yellow bag. A nude shoe + clutch in your tone could work as well since yours seems to be lined underneath.

Casual? Sorry but D dont know nuttin’ bout no “casual” LOL I’m always doing the most…maybe a leopard flat with it?

You like it thats why you bought it and I dont think asking for styling help should elicit return it comments. *eye roll*

Google the Erdem Margot red lace dress for more inspiration.

STILL loving Solange’s necklace. I could prolly DIY that.

8. marymei says:

I have that lace dress and I love it. I’ve worn it twice– once with red platform sandals, and I tried dressing it down with some beaded flats and a denim jacket. I liked both looks. I am in LOVE with those Charlotte Olympia leopard print platforms, though they are a bit too rich for my blood! Nice choices, Claire.

9. marymei says:

Oh, and one more thing about the dress– the only part of it that isn’t lined are the sleeves. So it’s racy, but all your lady bits are covered. I didn’t feel uncomfortable in it at all. It’s not super-short either…

10. T says:

I have a pretty serious LV habit and an extensive knowledge on the brand. I’m going to go out on a limb and say that her bag is not real. It’s definitely not Trevi or Evora.

11. EatLovepray_ says:

I <3 Solange!

12. [...] is the original post: Mail Bombs: Solange Knowles' Chloe Sevigny for Opening Ceremony … Tags: -grab, and-make, ebooks-, fashion, find-your, guide, money-from, pages-on-how, time, urban, [...]

13. COCO says:

That is NOT a Trevi bag…I agree with T looks like a fake Evora to me.

14. addikted2fashion says:

if that LV is a fake, i guess she figured since her bf isnt THAT famous & isnt exactly being chased by the photogs that she could get away with it and not be photographed. smh

i saw those shoes Solange has on while doing some daily window shopping through the web (LOL) and I fell in love. Not usually what I would wear but they caught my attention for some reason.

15. TriceyTrice says:

I have the Trevor LV bag and I looove it..

16. TriceyTrice says:

but looking at hers, yeah I haven’t seen that one.. hmmm ..like just had a flashback of what Sean said on Beverly Hills Fabulous “Louis don’t shred at the top like that”,LOL..

17. Ijeoma says:

Claire, I love you website!!!! Thanks everyone for your help

18. sun.kissed says:

I was thinking that bag looked a little un-real when I saw the pic, but I didn’t want to say that given I can’t see it up close…

19. Lady Elly says:

I really don’t like Solagne’s look……..like what is she doing? I’m not understanding her whole transformation. I feel like she’s trying to get some kind of attention because B always gets the spotlight. I mean I could be wrong, but it’s like she not pulling the looks off to me. Now, if this were Erykah Badu then the look would make more sense.

20. lola says:

re: the red dress

I dont know how casual you want to look but a denim vest, summer scarf and motocycle boots.. and zussh(sp?) the sleeves

I hang out w a bunch of hipsters so dont judge :-p

21. Gemini says:

What i find interesting is when white designers do “Afircan” prints and sell it soooooooooooo expensive and it automatically becomes a “trend” when relatively unknown brands get no love for doing it way ahead of time.

22. Megan says:

Thanks for the advice about the red lace dress.I bought a red lace dress a few years back and i could never find the right shoe for it.

23. Dee says:

Who makes the black and white African print headscarf turban solange is wearing in the first pic?
    Thanks

24. [...] of the shorts, but if you look closely, you can see that the shorts have the same print as a Chloe Sevigny x Opening Ceremony cardigan Solange wore in April 2011: All that to say that Solange’s exact shorts are currently unavailable, though you can get a [...]