April 5th, 2011
Fashion News, Graduation, Plus Sized, Shopping, What to Wear
Wardrobe Query: Plus Sized Graduation Dresses

Amber says, “I’m about to graduate in May with a B.A. in Fashion Merchandising, and I’m having the hardest time finding a dress to wear under my graduation gown! I’m looking for something light, but still sexy and I’m a size 16. Can you please do a post on graduation dresses?”

Sure thing! Finding the perfect frock to flatter your curves can be difficult.
Look fly and smart with these fun options in sizes 14 and up:

Also check out online retailers like ASOS Curve and MonifC for more eye catching offerings.
I love this Marylin Covertible dress from Monif C:

See more here.
And if you guys have anything to add, leave a comment!
Picture: Amber Riley for Essence Magazine

15 Responses to “Wardrobe Query: Plus Sized Graduation Dresses”

1. Steph says:

ASOS is a wonderful site as well for our plus size divas. They always have bright & flowy clothing…

2. Ambrose says:

I’ve purchased plus sized clothes from eshakti.com. They’re clothes are great and you can have them customized to fit your body. All you have to do is plug in your measurements, and you can have a dress that’s made for you. I think it’s only $7.50 extra for this service.

3. Leigh says:

that amber riley pic is GORG.

4. noel says:

so i been looking for midriff tops that expose the abdominal area below the bellybutton. hope this make sense do u know where i could find one at?

5. RHONYC says:

she looks like a beautiful butterfly *smile*…man, curvy girls are TAK-ING OV-ER! work!
    :-)

6. Jazz says:

Love what Miss Amber is wearing- can you find it or a similar cheaper version ?

7. Adrienne says:

dorothyperkins.com has nice plus size clothes, asos.com, evans.co.uk, citychiconline.com, carmakoma.com

8. Addi Enne says:

@noel, I just got one at Macy’s it the junior’s section, no less. Also, Rachel Rachel Roy has a few cropped shirts that are super cute and oversized so they’ll fit a large range of sizes.

Lastly, most of these oversized cropped shirts are just two pieces of squares/rectangle shaped fabric sewn together.

So, if you have any sewing skills–even marginal ones–I say you make one!

9. [...] you need options for the plus sized set, reference this post, Wardrobe Query: Plus Sized Graduation Dresses. Share and [...]

10. Nicole says:

Can ou post where that gorgeous green dress is from? Im in love!!

11. [...] …Homecoming Dresses, Prom Dresses For Plus Size Teens – our …PLUS Size DressesWardrobe Query: Plus Sized Graduation Dresses « The Fashion …Homecoming Dresses | 2012 Prom Dresses | Top Designer Formal … This entry was posted in [...]

12. Bradford Castaneda says:

awesome

13. Angeline Serrano says:

Not my style, but it looks nice.

14. Nice post. I used to be checking continuously this blog and I am impressed! Very helpful info specially the closing phase :) I care for such information much. I used to be seeking this particular info for a long time. Thanks and good luck.

15. Sammy says:

What should i carry with a tube skirt.
    Spegeties or shirt?