April 5th, 2011
Fashion Bombshell of the Day
Fashion Bombshell of the Day: Marie Denee from California

Hey Guys!
Today’s Bombshell is my buddy and fellow blogger Marie Denee of the Curvy Fashionista:

This California girl is chic, sweet, and a current spokesperson for Chevrolet’s Cruzearati campaign. She is the b.o.m.b.!

About her style, she says, “I am a little bit of what I like to call “boho luxe” yet as a Virgo, I am apt to dress to my many moods!”

” Comfort trumps everything in my style book!”

“… I have a tendency to play with neutrals with pops of color, although I am quick to amp up the vixen factor with a city chic look in body conscious black and sky high heels!”

” For me, it is all about Keeping it Curvy.Confident.Chic!”

“Being plus size does not limit me in my style and fashion choices!”

Love her. Be sure to check out her blog at www.thecurvyfashionista.mariedenee.com and go’on head and follow her on twitter at @MarieDenee.

Fashion Bombshell of the Day is a feature that showcases the singular style of Fashion Bomb Readers. Send your name, location, a description of your style, and your picture(s) to thefashionbomb@gmail.com.

Posted In
36 comments

36 Responses to “Fashion Bombshell of the Day: Marie Denee from California”

1. sun.kissed says:

Hmmm, loves the chain earrings and the second look.

2. llehsal says:

That jacket with the dress and biege peep toes are the bomb!! I love her hair and the chain link earings….Fab!!! Her style looks nice and comfy :)

3. Beelle says:

she has some cute everyday looks

4. Nraw says:

Love her coat in the third picture. Im short so stuff like that always looks too long on me.

5. zimbabwechic says:

Yay for plus size fashionistas!

6. d.k says:

not bad

———-
    follow me: twitter.com/fashionoutlaw

Plus size sista! Loves it!

8. Pajama_Rich says:

Im diggon the Sam Edelmans I have them!! :) go girl

9. I love those chain link earrings.

10. go head Marie! rep for us plus size bloggers!!! loving those chain earrings.

11. fashion fun says:

She’s winning.

12. Not bad. Those tall boots are cutting her in an awkward way though.

13. Danielle says:

Yay for Virgos! I LOVE Marie! Finally got to meet her in person and she’s super sweet. Love her style.

14. Ambrose says:

It’s great to see a fellow Virgo and big girl reppin!!

15. BOOBOO says:

Overall I like! She knows what flatters her shape and it is still pieces that could be interchanged with other outfits. My fav is the white top n safari dress w/tan jacket.

Although I do agree with TheHostileNegress

16. BOOBOO says:

PLUS i want those chain earrings!!

17. Allie says:

I like her style. She has on my Sam Edelman Cork platform heels… Love those shoes and they are so comfy!!!! Werk Miss Lady!!!

18. vain319 says:

she is awesome,at last plus size and everything fits!! nice style.

19. RHONYC says:

love, love, LOVE the nudes punctuated with the seafoam green. simple gorgeous!
    the mix of military chic w/ the tropical spring dress is a brilliant unexpected twist of masculine/girly chic.
    & that black dress is lady gaga backup singer APPROVED! totally bada*s!
    p.s. your hair is ferosh…loves! ;-)

20. Monie says:

I love her hair!

21. Tifani says:

Here’s a girl who knows how to dress her body-type and is so super-stylish!!!!!!!!

22. esme says:

i think there are some hits and misses. i think the long sweater in the first pic is too big and obscures her shape. i like all of the boots.

23. Sylvie says:

im sorry is it just me… ill just say she does not scream fashionista to me at all

24. QUEEN says:

I think she’s cute, but nothing inspiring. I know plenty of plus size girls with super great style. I’mjussayin

25. Brittany L. says:

I’ve been keeping up with Marie for a while. She’s pretty fab! I have those Sam Edelman pumps too!

26. dyshaun says:

Oooh love those Novatos in cork right, I have those as well!

27. fashion fun says:

No offense to this fashionbomb at all bc I think she owns her style but question? What constitutes curvy? I think nowadays we are substituting curvy for plus size.

28. dyshaun says:

+ love your hair and easy looks.

A lot of us own those shoes huh? LOL!

29. dyshaun says:

Direct quote: “Being plus size does not limit me in my style and fashion choices!”

Reading is fundamental @fashionfun

30. Addi Enne says:

Very cute looks! And those Sam Ed. shoes? Loves. Well-done, Curvy Girl!

31. Rocky says:

I’m going to have to agree with Sylvie. Sorry.

32. Starla says:

I love to see my dress girls come out. I don’t know why but you look like a psychic of some kind. You have some great pieces but I sense that you are a bit cautious with your delivery. Do not fear the bold, just do it; put a little uump into it.

33. MIA says:

#TeamVirgo! Pretty lady . I see where she is going but something is missing in my opinion. It doesnt look all the way polished. I wouldnt describe as “boho luxe”. Maybe add a little more lux. my fav look is the chunky scarf and shearling coat.

34. AdoresFASHION says:

I really like her sense of style. I would wear a few of her pieces. My one and only gripe is that I wish she would have added some accessories to the first look with the denim dress and to the black dress. Without accessories they don’t stand out like the other looks. But over all the girl’s got style. BTW- I’m loving the poses.

35. [...] in plus sizes?” I actually wasn’t sure of the answer, so tapped blogging superstar, former Bombshell, and plus size fashion expert Marie Denee of The Curvy Fashionista to answer your [...]

36. [...] and jean in plus sizes?” I actually wasn’t sure of the answer, so tapped blogging superstar, former Bombshell, and plus size fashion expert Marie Denee of The Curvy Fashionista to answer your [...]