March 28th, 2011
Fashion News, Lookbook
Lookbook: LaQuan Smith’s LQS “Hard Candy” Spring/Summer 2011 Collection

Designer Laquan Smith sent over images from the Spring/Summer 2011 collection for his lower priced line, LQS.

Titled ‘Hard Candy,’ each piece has delectable names like Mimosa, Pralines & Cream, Toasted Almond, and Toffee.

Comprised primarily of yummy colors like bubblegum pink, peach tart, tangerine, and sour apple green, the collection features catsuits, skirt suits, and mini dresses earmarked for the saucy, contemporary set.

It figures–dresses from this collection have been spied on industry hotties Rihanna, Cassie, Nicki Minaj, and Selita Ebanks.

If you want to make a splash this summer, it’s necessary you do so in at least one of these looks:

What do you think?

See more at www.laquansmith.com. And promise, buying details to come!

Posted In
37 comments

37 Responses to “Lookbook: LaQuan Smith’s LQS “Hard Candy” Spring/Summer 2011 Collection”

1. DreamGirl says:

I like, although for those dresses, the tummy has to be tight.

2. MIA says:

HIS PIECES ARE AMAZING!!! I WANT AND MUST HAVE LOL. CLAIRE I WILL BE ON THE LOOK OUT FOR BUYING INFORMATION!!!!

3. KBS says:

@ DreamGirl…Tummy, thighs, boobs, elbows AND ankles have to be tight! This looks like Amber Rose couture. SN: Isn’t that the ANTM chick in the cat suit?

4. Fashionbum82 says:

*gasp* i love everything! I need that blue shiny dress in my life!

5. Claire says:

True story guys, I previewed this collection in Paris, and was gushing over it. I told LaQuan I wanted to wear one of his dresses and he said, “We’ll be coming out with a plus sized line soon.” I’m a size 10.
    So, as someone said, this is for the skinny minnies!!! But, note, the skinny minnies will still look fabulous.

6. Cleveland Cutie says:

Oh dear! The fashion world is crazy with their “plus-size” comments. But the pieces are pretty cool, and yes I do think that the ANTM chick! I’m glad she’s still getting work…forgot her name

7. xoxoxo says:

Fun, flirty, and chic. Loves them all, no complaints here…

…mwahh :)

8. zimbabwechic says:

These just scream ghetto-fabulous-hoochie-mama to me. Not impressed

9. MIA says:

CLAIRE I’M CONFUSED. DIDNT NICKI MINAJ WEAR 1 OF HIS PIECES AND I CERTAINLY WOULDNT CONSIDER HER SKINNY MINNIE. OH AND I FOLLOW U ON TWITTER SO U COULD’VE KINDLY TOLD HIM THAT WONT BE NECCESSARY! LOL

10. Claire says:

@MIA I’ve spoken to Minaj’s stylist. She’s curvy, yes, but apparently she’s like a size 2 and very petite. The plus sized comment…I mean I wasn’t offended (that much), but I do get what he’s saying. If I tried to wear one of those right now, I’d be quarantined by the fashion police. I’ve got way too much jelly to rock one of those at the moment!!

11. Twice|Fierce says:

I saw this collection on Rip the Runway (don’t judge me) and fell in love…the best collection shown that night if you ask me.

12. Ms. Alexand says:

I love these pieces and its no where near ghetto fabulous.

13. sun.kissed says:

FAB! I saw this on Rip the Runway and it was definitely the only collection worth talking about. Laquan and the models did a great job!

14. Deb Bee says:

I. Want.Evry.Thing!!

15. I am a huge fan of his work. I can’t wait to see what’s in store for his plus size line.

16. FROST says:

Love it!! I love the two piece sets :D Will be getting one.

Anyway, Nicki is a size 2? :\ I suppose, it’s possible and she only looks more curvy because of all of her implants/shots. Her body is a size 2 but her butt and breasts are not.

That, or they could have always have been altered specifically for her size.

17. lola says:

I don’t care for the dresses but AMINAT IS WORKING IT. OH LAWD! FIERCE!!

18. Dani says:

Oooh I need that “Cotton Candy” set [2nd pic] in my life like NOW! LOVE IT!!! He is so talented.

19. Jac♥ says:

@KBS: Aminat Ayinde! It bugged me so much that I had to ‘Google’ her!

20. Glamorous Goddess says:

I love LaQuan’s pieces. Being a petite women, I think those dresses will accommadate my figure. Since last year, I have been trying to purchase some of his work. However, on his website site, the option is unavailable. Can’t wait until Claire reveals the buying details.

Thanks Claire.

21. Cmoni says:

I <3 it all especially the two piece mid-drift bearing looks. I don't think the entire line is just for skinnie minnies. I'm 6ft slightly curvy and athletic I would def rock some of the pieces. Thats what spanks are for right lol

22. zy says:

the only one I don’t adore is the shiny blue dress. maybe it’s because i’d have to walk around with an IV feeding tube for a month in order to wear it. LOL other than that, everything else is FAB. I can see why Niki could wear it, she’ got a booty but she’s an itty bitty little thing.

23. Oooo-La-La! I like it!

24. Gemini says:

Ooooh the printed Jacket & Skirt is 2 die 4!!!

25. Wura says:

Love this collection!!!!

26. MissZIM says:

I like the Cassie/Selita dress!!

27. esme says:

i love the gold sequined dress and skirt. very bold.

28. c/s says:

I’d hafta agree w/ zimbabwechic and whoever said this is amber rose couture. too tight. too short on most things. and even the longer things have a lot of flesh on display. and i always think the great mark of design is clothes that will look good on a variety of body types.

29. kimi says:

I will like 2 knw how can I purchase his pieces! I will b honored 2 where a few of his pieces 4 my bday this month. If ne1 can contact me by email. Ty!<3

30. Mesha says:

How can I purchase any of your pieces? I would love to purchase a few things.

31. Princess says:

I’m very interested in buying a catsuit from Laquan Smith’s collection. Please let me know, I would need the catsuit in June 2011. Thanks!

32. Ayi says:

this lookbook gives me life lol i love alll the pieces and cant wait till i can purchase something!

33. [...] shoulders. Gone are the electric pinks, blues, and peaches characterizing LaQuan’s last Hard Candy collection. Fall/Winter 2011-2012 is all about neutral blacks, conservative navies, and winter whites. [...]

34. [...] and bold shoulders. Gone are the electric pinks, blues, and peaches characterizing LaQuan’s last Hard Candy collection. Fall/Winter 2011-2012 is all about neutral blacks, conservative navies, and winter whites. Smiths [...]

35. Doll says:

Love Love Love it! When will it be available to purchase?