March 21st, 2011
Beauty, Hot or Hmm
Weekend Beauty Hot! or Hmm…: Janet Jackson, Rihanna, Erykah Badu, and More!
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

Happy Monday! Spring is finally here (too bad the NYC weather doesn’t know it yet). But with the warmer temps I’m sure we’ll be seeing more celebs out as it seems appearances have been scarce every other week during the winter.

Let’s see who made it out this past weekend…

Janet Jackson was out and about promoting her new True You book. The “Penny” episodes of “Good Times” have been on rotation on TV One as of late, so I’ve been having “Janet fever”. Who can’t resist her gorgeous smile, those cute dimples, and her sweet voice? It’s hard not to think about that seeing as how Janet is a grown woman now who (if she started out very early) could be my mother. I guess what I’m saying is I miss the softness in Janet’s face. Her makeup is flawless, but between the angled brows and the slicked back hair, her face looks very severe. Gorgeous, but severe. I’d give her hair more of a curl or wave and soften the angles on her brows.

Rihanna was spotted leaving a restaurant out in Santa Monica, CA (anyone else besides me curious as to what celebs eat when they go out so you can go out and taste the same things? lol). I LOVE the new longer bob-like hairstyle with the soft waves and side-swept bangs. From what I can see of her makeup (looks like tons of lavender and pink) it’s gorgeous and gives her such a beautiful glow. HOT!

Erykah Badu aka “Lo Down Loretta Brown” when she DJs not only performed but also hit the 1s and 2s with Rudy Huxtable-esque hair. While not for everybody, it works for the “Window Seat” singer. LOVE her bright nail polish color.

Halle Berry was seen at Muhammad Ali’s Celebrity Fight Night out in Arizona. What else is there to say? Gorgeous as usual.

Elise Neal was also spotted out in Los Angeles. I LOVE this hair color on her. Fits her complexion beautifully! Her hair cut is nice, too.

Model Liya Kebede was spotted at the screening of “Desert Flower”. I love looking at her gorgeous face so I feel her longer hair takes away from her beautiful bone structure. I’d love to see her with shorter styles again.

Angela Simmons was spotted catching the NJ Nets with rumored on-again beau Bow Wow. The blonde hair at the top has grown on me—it looks great. Perfect simple makeup for the occasion.

And finally, former “Girlfriends” star Persia White was spotted at the 25th Anniversary Genesis Awards. The actress sported a short ‘do and looked totally different than her “Lynn Searcy” days. I think short hair suites her, just not this short hair ‘do.

That rounds it up, folks. What do you think of this weekend’s looks?

~Danielle

14 Responses to “Weekend Beauty Hot! or Hmm…: Janet Jackson, Rihanna, Erykah Badu, and More!”

1. Joanne_ says:

Angela has been looking terrific lately as opposed to the “cutesy, girl next door” not that there’s anything wrong with that but she has been turning it up a notch and i like! Bow Wow also looks handsome! =) I don’t really like Janet’s hair like that, to me it seems like she no longer cares anymore, but her face is nice. Persia White looks a lil crazy to me :/

2. pop says:

Janet is so regal, you gotta love her.

3. Great Post. Halle can do no wrong and i love rihanna’s style. My love for Erykah is beyond..her spirit makes her gorgeous!

xoxo Monroe

4. Marie-josé says:

I agree with Claire; Janet’s face looks quite severe. Rihanna…I do not see anything to make any comments on (maybe her watch)
    Is it the spotlights & all that or halle berry’s skin is very WHITE?
    Elise neal’s smile is to die for.
    Still ain’t feeling Angela simmons’ blond do but well…guess bow wow does :P

5. Dobe says:

You mean you agree with Danielle ^^^
    Love Erykah Badu! She can do whatever she wants and get away with it, lol.
    I almost didn’t recognize Persia White.

6. shanda says:

Yeah…. like the ladies would let them dudes know that…. ‘we are not on that bullshit ‘ of yours ok…. you say jump, i say how high!!!!!!!

7. yusufswifee says:

omg….persia…bring back lynn.

8. sun.kissed says:

OMG, Lynne, I mean Persia–that is not a good look, AT ALL!

9. jacquelyn says:

ummmm…. where are elise neal’s edges going???

10. candylicker says:

I must agree with jacquelyn, her stylist should have laid them edges down before she went out, Persha looks crazy as hell, NEVER liked Angela’s style, Hayle’s as white as a ghost, Love Badu and Rhi Rhi.

11. dyshaun says:

Halle looks good with that 2 shades too light foundation? Okay then!

The Dude picked up some polish for me just like Erykah’s…let me find out he knows whats “fashionable” LOL

12. ladyshawann says:

I like Kebedes look, Halle looks chalky 2 me.

13. Asha says:

Would wear Rihanna’s sweater on a lazy day. Halle = perfection on red carpet. LOVE Liya Kebede! Erykah Badu;s music and and style are crazy!….and to be honest as much as I appreciate Janet Jackson as an artist I absolutely hate her nose..

14. esme says:

the slicked down hair is not doing anything for janet, and i agree with asha, her nose is a tragedy. i’ve always thought erykah badu had gorgeous bone structure. she’s a beauty. riahanna looks okay here. halle looks like her supernaturally good looking self. angela looks a hot mess. the short hairstyle looks way too conservative for persia white.