March 16th, 2011
Fashion News, Vogue

Our very own Danielle of Style and Beauty Doctor provided us with exclusive scans of Lauryn Hill’s daughter Selah Marley’s modeling debut in Teen Vogue’s April 2011 issue:

The cute twelve-year-old tells the monthly about her aspirations to be a singer and obsession with Justin Bieber (I mean, who isn’t obsessed with the Biebs)?

I love Teen Vogue’s super creative captions. One picture reads, “That Thing,” and another, “Destiny’s Child.” Right.

Fun fact: Her shoot was photographed by Victor Demarchelier.

Another example of nepotism at its finest! I kid.
Be sure to pick up the April 2011 issue of Teen Vogue featuring Selah. And while you’re at it, don’t forget to pick up the April 2011 issue of Vogue featuring Rihanna.

Thx Danielle!

Posted In
29 comments

29 Responses to “Lauryn Hill’s Daughter Selah Marley Makes Modeling Debut in Teen Vogue’s April 2011 Issue”

1. Kay says:

WOw this is amazing..and she is her mothers twin !

2. Annie L. says:

She is gorgeous! Glad they kept it super age-appropriate. Love the full brow and light makeup, great skin. The hair is fine, just blah and typical vogue, they don’t seem to know what to do w/o silky remy. I really like the photo w/the green shirt and matching eyeshadow – too sweet!

3. marymei says:

It makes me feel really, really old to know that this girl is now 12.
    She looks just like her mom, though. Very pretty.

4. Beautiful! In the “Destiny’s Child” picture you can really see the resemblance to her mom.

5. ArreLee says:

Omg, she’s soo pretty :)

6. llehsal says:

THIS!!!! Is how a twelve year old model is supposed to look….Not like some of a certain K family I have seen. Just beautiful!!!!

7. Alissa says:

Oh my! She looks so cute and sweet. It just warms my heart.

8. Bridget says:

She is a beautiful young lady just like her mom was.

9. hehe says:

OMG that baby picture is soooo f-ing cute!!

10. lilkunta says:

Nice to see Selah. I remember when she was born.
    I’m glad the makeup was kep to a minimum.

Now only if the clothes were better. No TEEN should be wearing $440anything! mui mui etc. All this ish is tooo expensive.

Clothes in this TEEN mag should be from 4ever21, H&M, target, jcpenny, kohls, kmart, foreman mills… REASONABLY PRICED STORES!

11. Awe such a cutie! I am sure that she will be successful!

12. dyshaun says:

Selah lovers check out her little youtube video of her singing!

13. T1K says:

Wow.. So pretty, looks like her mom! If she’s 12 how old is Zion now?!?

14. OMG SHE IS GORGEOUS.

15. Pretty girl…It’s in her DNA she’s gonna be a star.

16. So pretty!!! This post put a smile on my face! :D Much success to you Selah(love that name btw)!!!

17. esme says:

aww she’s adorable. she looks just like her mom. and i love the photo of lauryn hill too. she was really gorgeous back in the day.

18. Cleveland Cutie says:

Wow, she’s adorable! And I agree with the other comments on age-appropriate-ness. Cool find!

19. [...] credit Fashion Bomb Daily Bookmark on DeliciousDigg this postRecommend on FacebookBuzz it upshare via RedditShare [...]

20. Cmoni says:

Adorable! and like everyone i am so glad they kept it age appropriate.

21. WaliyyahS says:

Aww, she is too cute. I don’t really see Lauryn in her but maybe I’m not looking right, if that makes sense.

22. Jamie says:

I want her eyebrows!!! So fresh and virginal and unwaxed!! Oh the days!

23. [...] here to read the rest: Lauryn Hill's Daughter Selah Marley Makes Modeling Debut in Teen … Tags: apparel, apparel-search, directory, directory-office, fashion, fashion-industry, [...]

24. Brooklyn Lady says:

What a beauty! Lauryn and Rohan must be so proud!

25. Coldplayer says:

pretty

26. Michei says:

Gorgeous! So happy for all of Lauryn’s kids, hope they all do well. They sure got a great start

27. AD says: