March 11th, 2011
Fashion News, Rihanna, Vogue
Sneak Peek: Rihanna’s April 2011 Vogue US Cover

Tiffany of Beauty Diverse just sent me a snapshot of Rihanna’s April 2011 cover for Vogue US:
Rihanna tweeted about covering the fashion glossy back in January, and here’s our confirmation!
She appears in a figure curving dress from Chanel’s Pre Fall 2011 collection. The headline reads, “On Fame, Family, and How She Really Feels about her Curves.” I’m sure the spread will be bananas!!
Vogue is certainly making strides to not only feature women of color, but pop stars as well. I’m sure some of you saw Lady Gaga’s March cover:

Will you be picking up Rihanna’s Vogue issue?
*Thanks Tiffany!
*Source: Tony310yeyo’s Twitter.

Posted In
48 comments

48 Responses to “Sneak Peek: Rihanna’s April 2011 Vogue US Cover”

1. t says:

YES!!! finally!!!! i am so happy right now this is the cover i have been waiting for!!!!

2. sun.kissed says:

She looks like Ariel from the Little Mermaid. Can’t wait to see the spread.

3. Fatimah says:

I never buy Vogue, but I will be getting this issue!

4. kory conover says:

OMG CANNOT STOP LOOKING AT THIS COVER!!!! AM GOING TO BUY IT ASAP !!!!

5. Mrs windy City says:

She looks hot! Can’t wait for this to arrive in the mail.

6. Skye says:

I like the cover for the most part- she looks like a caught mermaid. I got Lady Gaga’s issue and will most definitely pick up Rihanna’s.

Two well deserved cover girls… finally! If Anna & Co keep it up, I might just become a subscriber again. Anyways can’t wait to see the inside pics. :)

7. dyshaun says:

I subscribe and I love it! Maybe the subscriber cover will be saucier…

Vogue really has changed lately. My man friend even comments on the amount of “black grrls” in the mag LOL

8. Martinique_Fr says:

YES!!! Definitely.

9. KlosetLover says:

She should do a “Jessica Rabbit” shot, she sort of looks like her in this photo.

10. Sam says:

i’m not a fan of this cover per se- i feel like they could have done an AMAZING shot but then again its US Vogue- they have to stay consumer friendly….i’m sure the editorial is going to be AMAZING!

11. Cakes says:

LOOooOOoooove Rihanna WILL BE BUYING this one.

12. Me says:

I agree with KlosetLover, my first thought when I saw the cover was Jessica Rabbit!

But that cover is HOT!

13. Cass says:

She looks beautiful….

14. Layla says:

I wasn’t keen on the cover when I first saw it but I love it now. She looks like a fabulous mermaid emerging from the ocean, and I only just realised what the background is. I like that she’s not just standing there looking like she’s posing for a portrait. I see the Jessica Rabbit resemblance too lol. Werk Rihanna!

15. Cherokee says:

But of course I will be getting this Vogue issue. Ri is that chick!!!!

16. Yep, yep, yep I’ll be getting it. I tried subscribing to Vogue once and they completely lost me. Maybe this will be the issue that gets me back on track

17. esme says:

i might possibly get it, but idk. i wish rihanna didn’t have that ronald mcdonald hair color, because i honestly don’t feel it does anything for her.

18. Kesh says:

Have to admit that I don’t have too many Vogue issues, but I will DEFINITELY be picking up the cover with Rih Rih.

19. HER AGAIN says:

Pics inside should be an interesting. Glad she got the cover. Question: Is she supposed to look sultry or look sad? :(

20. zy says:

LOVE this cover. I’m not a subscriber to Vogue but I do buy it when a cover intrigues me. Lady Gaga’s spread was fabulous and I know Rhianna’s will be as well! Say what you will about her, there’s no denying the fact that she’s gorgeous and can POSE for a pic. goodness!

21. [...] Gisele covered Vogue‘s annual April “Shape” issue last year, showing off her naked baby and post-birth body, the shape of which was — go figure — much unchanged from her prepregnancy figure. Rihanna covers this year’s issue, and an image of the event has leaked. Her headline: “On Fame, Family & How She Really Feels About Her Curves.” How she really feels? Do her curves get in fights with her and finish the last cup of cereal in the box without saying anything, but then take her to the movies to make up for it? [Fashion Bomb Daily] [...]

22. whatevs says:

Now this is boss. Rihanna did the cover under her own terms. She’s not in a baggy dress hiding her curves, hair dyed an “acceptable” color and manipulated in a way that’s “acceptable”. Nope. She’s just Rihanna on the cover of Vogue. She just proved she is a definite member of the fashion elite.

Will definitely be adding to my collection.

23. No Problem Claire.

Rihanna looks lovely.

24. rih fan says:

I’m not feeling the cover..but glad to see Rih on there!

25. KBS says:

She cant sing worth a got damn but she is killin’ that dress!

26. [...] more: Sneak Peek: Rihanna's April 2011 Vogue US Cover « The Fashion Bomb … Tags: fashion-bomb, find-your, guide, pages-on-how, time, upgrade-design, urban, [...]

27. [...] Not-So-Glossy-Moss: Apparently the world’s most perfect woman got a little drunky at the YSL party. {NY Post} Rihanna Goes All Little Mermaid On Us for Vogue: The pop star’s latest impersonation of Ariel is pretty epic. {Fashion Bomb Daily} [...]

28. [...] Gisele covered Vogue‘s annual April “Shape” issue last year, showing off her naked baby and post-birth body, the shape of which was — go figure — much unchanged from her prepregnancy figure. Rihanna covers this year’s issue, and an image of the event has leaked. Her headline: “On Fame, Family & How She Really Feels About Her Curves.” How she really feels? Do her curves get in fights with her and finish the last cup of cereal in the box without saying anything, but then take her to the movies to make up for it? [Fashion Bomb Daily] [...]

29. Lana says:

yeah, it looks great!

30. Deb says:

Love this! I just hope I am able to pick up a copy of US Vogue in London.

31. Alexis says:

Rhi Rhi looks amazing! Love this Hollywood Glam look!

32. ritarded rihanna says:

RITARDED RIHANNA LOOKS LIKE A RED WITCH THAT SHE IS. I WOULD NEVER BUY ANYTHING WITH HER ON THE COVER. ESPECIALLY THAT LOUSY MUSIC AND SHE IS FILTHY

33. addikted2fashion says:

she’s wearing something sheer. shocker.

34. [...] it immediately. Perhaps because it was supposed to be this huge secret (not). According to the Fashion Bomb Daily, she’s wearing a dress from Chanel–their pre-fall 2011 collection. Anyway, she looks [...]

35. gemini says:

@KBS i agree w/ u she can’t sing a lick but all she has is her stylist. Anyways, the cover looks too airbrushed to me her boobs are not even that big and it looks kinda weird. I guess people look forward to seeing it because it’s Rihanna btu i would rather see Kelis style!!!…Rihanna doesn’t have style to me she came out w/ style in 07! Thankx to her stylist who get paid to make her look her best.

36. [...] Sneak Peek: Rihanna’s April 2011 Vogue US Cover  » http:// fashionbombdaily.com [...]

37. [...] and that dress — it’s all just oh-so-Ariel. (Speaking of the dress, Fashion Bomb Daily reports it’s from Chanel’s pre-fall 2011 collection.)  And if Leibovitz is indeed the photographer [...]

38. Annie L. says:

Agree w/a couple of others, I’m not in love and thought they could’ve been less ‘safe’ but she looks amazing in that dress, her makeup is fantastic and the hair color and pageboy styling is super nice. I also love the mermaid imagery, though her pose does conjure a bit of hang 10 for me as well, Lol!

39. [...] Rihanna’s April 2011 Vogue US Cover (Fashion Bomb Daily) [...]

40. [...] Look what came out over the interwebz while I was in the mountains this weekend…Rihanna’s rumored Vogue cover. She tweeted about it a little prematurely a few months ago, and now we can finally see the real thing. She looks great on the cover. A lot of people think she looks like Ariel from The Little Mermaid and I concur. What do you think? Photo from Fashion Bomb Daily. [...]

41. [...] Gisele covered Vogue‘s annual April “Shape” issue last year, showing off her naked baby and post-birth body, the shape of which was — go figure — much unchanged from her prepregnancy figure. Rihanna covers this year’s issue, and an image of the event has leaked. Her headline: “On Fame, Family & How She Really Feels About Her Curves.” How she really feels? Do her curves get in fights with her and finish the last cup of cereal in the box without saying anything, but then take her to the movies to make up for it? [Fashion Bomb Daily] [...]

42. [...] is wearing a dress from the Chanel Pre-Fall Collection on the cover according to Claire over at Fashion Bomb Daily. Additional photos below, I’ve posted full article here. Bodysuit, Donna Karan New York | [...]

43. Empress says:

Rhianna looks FAB..Love the dress…Mermaid style!…I’m sorry but Lady Gaga is an ugly girl…For Vogue spread..you would think they would beautify her..I guess she likes looking like a rag doll 24/7!

44. wow she is looking incredible, love riri.

45. Bradford Castaneda says: