March 6th, 2011
Fashion News, Tyra Banks
Tyra Banks to Launch Type F, a New Beauty and Fashion Site

Get your mouse’s ready!
On March 15th Tyra Banks is launching her newest online venture titled Type F:

According to Essence.com, Banks has partnered with Demand Studios to create a site geared towards those girls who don’t fit into your traditional definitions of style. Apparently the site will contribute to Tyra’s, “ongoing goal of expanding the definitions of beauty.”
Read more about Type F on Facebook or at www.TypeF.com.
Will you be checking out Banks’ new site?

Posted In
22 comments

22 Responses to “Tyra Banks to Launch Type F, a New Beauty and Fashion Site”

1. Coldplayer says:

Cool! Good for Tyra! Im glad she is sticking to such positive goals. However, you and me both know that the fashion industry is not listening to her!!!! Nonetheless, Il check it out… if I remember

2. Ju'lia says:

I am actually excited. I think more people will listen to her than some might think. I love her online mag as well. Change has to start somewhere. :)

3. lola says:

Tyra Banks,
    find a corner and sitcho pretentious ass down. I am so sick of this woman. What beauty are you expanding? your bank account. SMH

4. Annie L. says:

Interesting…..hoping she’ll retire that god-awful top model but I understand it makes too much money.

5. Bronze says:

Great!!!! Can she relaunch Suede Magazine while she’s at it.

6. Nunyabizniz says:

Good for Tyra! I wish her much success with this new project. To everyone else wanting herr to sit her ass down somewhere, remember that there was a time when someone also started pushing to have some black models on the runway, or on TV, ads…etc. Although it is still an ongoing struggle, the situation is much better than it used to, back in the days. Maybe noone is listening to Tyra now, but it only takes one person to start a movement, and eventually change will take place. So what if she happens to make a couple of bucks in the process (okay, a couple dozen of millions, lol), let’s keep our eyes on the bigger picture and give props when due…

7. I with ya @Bronze! I use to love Suede mag and still have old issues!

8. smarts says:

I love it! I cant wait. Tyra is gorgeously crazy :)

9. I think that this venture is a great idea and I support a positive black woman trying to do something positive regardless if she is going to make money on it or not. Sometimes we get a bit to caught up in being negative to give people their props. #GoTyra

Visit ShauntayStyle.blogspot.com!

10. THETRUTH says:

What is wrong with people telling Tyra Banks to sit her ass down?? Dont forget she is one of the few models that made people realize black is beutiful.Sure, she will be making money from this show but she is widening peoples perception of beauty showing that not everyone has to have the same conventional look such as skinny & white and blue eyed. So id much rather her make money broadcating beuaty is of all race size shape and whatever. if the show gets people to open thier closed minds. hell i’ll pay tyra out of my own pocket. but another thing is although white models are primarily cast more often than black people white people with darker hair and skin tone dont get cast oftenly either so instead of being like ohhh the black models this and ohh the black models that think about all the other girls that are being overlooked to. this is what tyra banks is trying to show through this new tv show soo some people need to stop!!.

11. josephine says:

THIS IS NOT MAKING SENSE? IS THIS NOT THE GIRL WHO HAD A NOSE JOB TO FIT IN? NOW SHE WANTS TO MAKE PEOPLE LIKE ME FEEL BETTER ON OUR LOOKS.. PLEASE TYRA U WERE MY ROLE MODEL SOMEONE ELSE I HAD TO LOOK UP TO WITH A BIG NOSE BUT YOU CHANGED IT AND BROKE ME.. DON’T COME TRYING TO REPAIR my heart AGAIN!

12. lola says:

Josephine
    You better preach. I swear, black people suffer from short term memory. Tyra Banks is the ultimate hypocrite. She will only expand the notion of beauty when it suits her bank account. Have we now forgotten her derogatory attitude towards certain black women on top model? remember when she mocked yaya for being “too African”? and said Yaya’s walk reminded her of coming to America? I could go on forever. Black people are so blind, they will follow hypocrites like Tyra Banks over a cliff.

As I said before, Tyra! find a corner and sit your hypocritical ass down. I’ve had enough of your BS.

13. Sam says:

WOW!!! i was excited but some valid points were made here- i’m still going to give Miss Tyra a chance b/c it totally can open others eyes to other beauty- be it black, asian or anyone else

and did someone mention suede?! i LOVED that magazine…. maybe I need to resurrect it lol

14. Bonifant says:

Seems like a good concept but not sure about the domain name “type F”???

15. Dinka Don says:

Whooo-wee! I am not feeling Tyra’s look on the website… That wig has got to go!

16. Cmoni says:

Good for her. If she changes positively, how an insecure young woman or girl perceives themselves then she has done her job. What is wrong with her making money while doing it; that is a lot better than most models/stars/organizations that simply push product like the dope man and do NO good at all. I think some people have a profound hatred towards this woman…relax and give it a rest. Whether you like it or not she is a mogul and is trying to do something positive with her name/brand.

17. lola says:

Cmoni
    Something positive for her bank account alright. A woman who wants to make girls feel better about themselves is the same woman who criticizes a black girl for acting “too African.” SMH @ black people. I can’t.

18. THETRUTH says:

@josephine : Yes, tyra banks got a nose job that just supports what ive been saying. Tyra banks is making this show to broadcast to people that no you dont have to have a small petite nose to be pretty you can have a huge nose and still be just as pretty as the next girl. So Tyra banks is a perfect canidate for making this show she has been in the modeling carrer and has had to change her features so that she could be considered “more pretty” in the the eyes of others. so she is ultimately going to broadcast people with features viewed as “not very pretty” and shine light on the fact that americas standard of beauty is not achievble and unreal. Hopefully she tells these girls that you dont have to change to be bueatiful or to fit someones definition of beuatiful.

19. [...] • Tyra Banks launch Type F, a fashion and beauty site aimed at girls wit non-traditional style. [The Fashion Bomb] [...]

20. Sue Garrett says:

Tyra: Thank you for helping us feel the beauty from the inside. The kindness and love is really what god really wants us to have and you are special person for helping all of us. thank you for believing in all of us.

21. Emma says:

This site is a crock of crap. It will contribute to her “ongoing goal of expanding the definitions of beauty.”?? WTF?! She’s using Demand Studios to build the project; meaning that Type F is just going to be another content farm, where writers get paid a pitiful $15 for each badly written article. Like Iola said, the only person that is going to benefit is her bank account.

22. A. Mohammed says: