February 23rd, 2011
Ethnic Models, Snapshot

Chanel Iman, Jourdan Dunn, Ajak Deng, Arlenis Sosa, Anais Mali, Joan Smalls along with Savion Glover, Anotonio Douhit, John Legend, Colson Whitehead, and Anthony Mackie for Vogue US March 2011.

Snapshot is a section featuring fashionable, memorable moments. No words, just an image. Enjoy..and discuss!
Source: Beauty is Diverse

Posted In
23 comments

23 Responses to “Snapshot: Chanel Iman, Jourdan Dunn, Ajak Deng, Arlenis Sosa, Anais Mali, Joan Smalls along with Savion Glover, Anotonio Douhit, John Legend, Colson Whitehead, and Anthony Mackie for Vogue US March 2011”

1. Lola Jay says:

lol at US Vogue tryna jump on the bandwagon…

2. Annie L. says:

@Lola Jay – yup! And they’d better keep it up
    I’m not a Jourdann stan but my god she’s outselling all the others, the chic, white jumper and that pigtail pic – marvelous!
    Love the waves and curls and those fresh and flirty prints
    Colson Whitehead takes an impressive photo, as does Antonio Douthit
    Anais Mali is adorable w/the curls and fuschia stole
    I need that red Marc Jacobs dress on Joan Smalls
    I don’t quite capture the editorial theme but the pics are beautiful.

3. WaliyyahS says:

I love it! I will be getting this issue.

4. sun.kissed says:

Loves it! But where’s the picture with Johnny Boy?

5. Baise says:

The pigtail pic is my favorite.

6. lola says:

I am so sick of this Joan girl. Jourdan, however, is drop dead gorgeous. My gawwwd…and Ajak is RADIANT!!!!!!!

7. Maria says:

I’m whining (and excuse my bad english), but as much as I appreciate Vogue’s effort, is it me or have we gotten a lot of “group” pictures of all the hot black models? Diversity for me would be including different ethnicities (not just black, ANYTHING other than white and blond, how about our Asian girls?) in all the issues. Be diverse in all our issues, not just getting all the hot black models together for a photo-op and call it a day. Progress is slow, I guess.

8. Maria says:

BTW I have such a crush on Jourdan! <3 I'm waiting for her to land a big campaign.

9. artsylee says:

Savion Glover!!!! That man is my husband! (He just doesn’t know it yet). lol!

10. Mika says:

Beautiful pictures, I love the gorgeous spring dresses, colors. I cannot forget the big trendy 70′s hair styles.

11. esme says:

this looks straight out of the 70′s. love it! all the models look gorgeous. lets hope this leads to more diversity in whitewashed us vogue.

12. gemini60 says:

Savion Glover is next to Ajak Deng!!!…not Joan Smalls! I am just trying to correct what is mentioned above.

I really like the Marni dress worn by Mali!!!

13. Big ups to Colson Whitehead for somehow working his way into the spread. The Zelig of the 21st century?

14. The editorial is great , love the cast of models and artist showcased.

15. Dinka Don says:

Black is beautiful, I don’t care what anyone says!

16. [...] • Arlenis Sosa, Jourdan Dunn, Ajak Deng and Chanel Iman inside Vogue US March 2011? Yes please! [The Fashion Bomb] [...]

17. @Maria – if you pick up the issue you will see that there are other photos in the march issue with models of other races. Du juan and another Asian model are featured in the March issue.

18. JEM says:

The ladies look fresh & BEAUTIFUL!!!

19. Asha says:

@ Maria. She has with Burberry. Check out their website :-)

On another note I’m tired of these all black group shots. Its like they are saying all or nothing, but nothing in between……

20. SoPoshKay says:

Say it loud..I’m black & I’m proud!!! lol I frickin love it :)