February 7th, 2011
Fashion News, Kanye West
Kanye West Shows Money Talks for V Man Magazine, on Newsstands February 8th

Karl Lagerfeld shot Kanye West for V Magazine’s February issue, which features our favorite fashionisto with a few dollar bills stuck in his mouth:

The cover’s tag line is “No Risk, No Reward,” though I think another apt title would be, “Money Talks.” It seems each issue will actually come with a few dollar bills stuck in Kanye’s mouth. I’m not too sure where I see the risk involved. If the issue costs $5, then you’ll be getting some of your money back, and $3 for a magazine seems reasonable. The real risk is for the magazine vendors who’ll have these issues on their newsstands. Can people with sticky fingers control themselves with money flashed in their face?
It’s an interesting concept.
See a video about the cover here:

VMAN 21 ASSEMBLY LINE from V Magazine on Vimeo.

Posted In
13 comments

13 Responses to “Kanye West Shows Money Talks for V Man Magazine, on Newsstands February 8th”

1. doublea says:

wow that is a good question hope no one tries to steal the magazines

2. Dream says:

Lol. I see a lot of stolen magazines in some stores future =(
    But, Very interesting concept.

3. lostluv224 says:

Dope concept! As a magazine writer, I love that they are being innovative, giving print somne buzz :) we aren’t dead yet…time to pull out the punches. I’ll def be purchasing a few issues.

4. Joanne_ says:

i like the idea, cool, makes me wanna go pick one up

5. Cmoni says:

Dope! I’m definately picking up a copy.

6. Annie L. says:

Great concept! Do Kanye’s lips look a bit..er..parched?

7. whatevs says:

I think I want to puke…

8. Cleveland Cutie says:

LOL to Annie L’s comment! and the answer is yes!

9. [...] V Man cover line reads, “No Risk, No Reward” and according to Fashion Bomb Daily, each issue comes with actual money in Kanye’s [...]

10. Bonifant says:

I think 1 of every 10 mags have the money in them so thats where the risk/reward factors in for the consumer. Take a gamble on us,,, you might get back some $ its not a guarantee since its not in every copy

11. missTIAUNDRA says:

Yay! Im subscribed to V mag…but I hope the mail carrier doesn’t steal mine if it has money in it lol

12. luke says:

i could give less thaan a crap about this douche. he needs to pull stunts like this just to stay in the press. boring