February 4th, 2011
Beauty
Weekend Makeup Idea: Make Your Eyes Pop with Color
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

If you were in love with the way celebs like Vanessa Williams, Iman, and Nicole Ari Parker popped at the 2011 Golden Globes, then I’ve got something in store for you!

Remember how we went over the color wheel and how it’s a really cool tool for making color combos in both your wardrobe and makeup? You can use those same techniques to make colors appear bolder and brighter. Colors like your eye color!

Check out the colors to use to make your eyes (from brown to blue) pop…

Brown eyes: purples, bronzes, and dark colors with gold reflects. Colors to try: MAC Plum Dressing EyeshadowNARS Cordura Eyeshadow DuoMAC Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Buried Treasure.

Green eyes: purples, teals, and greens. Colors to try: CoverGirl Liquiline Blast Pencil in Violet Voltage,NARS Misfit Eyeshadow Duo, or Urban Decay Mildew Eyeshadow.

P.S. I’m having a hard time telling if Rihanna’s eyes are green or hazel. Sometimes they look green, sometimes they look hazel and sites state them as one or the other…lol. Either way the info on colors for green eyes is correct.

Hazel eyes: purples/pinks, browns, and bronzes. Colors to try: MAC Expensive Pink EyeshadowUrban Decay Bourbon 24/7 Glide-on Eye Pencil, or Urban Decay Twice Baked Eyeshadow.

Blue eyes: golds, bronzes, blues. Colors to try: MAC Amber Lights EyeshadowNARS Rated R Eyeshadow DuoCoverGirl Liquiline Blast Pencil in Green Glow.

For all eye colors, get them to POP with the heavy contrast that a smoky eye can give against your skin tone and eye color. I’m basically swooning over RuPaul‘s look below.

You can get fancy with a black eyeshadow and a fluffy eyeshadow brush to create your smoky eye, but if you want a quick and easy way, grab a black waterproof eye pencil (Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Eye Pencil in Zero, Sephora Flashy Liner Waterproof in Deep Black, Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes in 01 Mat Black). Apply the pencil on the upper and bottom lash line using a thick line and smudge with your fingers, a makeup wedge, or a smudging brush like MAC #214. You can apply more pencil going towards the crease as desired.

Tools of the Trade: