January 17th, 2011
Celebrity Style, Week in Chic

Happy Monday Fashion Bombers!  Vuitton here with the latest on who sizzled and who fizzled at the Golden Globe Awards last night.  I admittedly didn’t watch the show, but once I heard that Natalie Portman won Best Actress for her role in Black Swan, all was right with the world.  But I digress.  A few of our favorite stars dazzled on the red carpet while some left us with huge question marks over our heads.  Let’s take a look!

First up is Halle Berry, who has clearly found the Fountain of Youth and has kept its location from us…

The actress donned a fabulous Nina Ricci fall 2009.  And does it look fabulous on her?  Of course!  Though I do wish she’d kick it up a few notches when it comes to wearing more couture.  The dress is an amazing fit, but I don’t die for this look.

Jennifer Lopez attended the festivities while striking the “La Lopez” pose that I’ve grown to love…

The triple threat, or quadruple now since she’ll be judging contestants on American Idol, looked stunning in this white embellished Zuhair Murad gown.  When it comes to red carpet looks, Jennifer rarely disappoints, and her look at the Golden Globes this year is testament to that.  Hot!

Eva Longoria took a break from her “housewife” duties to join in on the celebrations…

The actress wore a black Zac Posen gown, and while the dress is stunning, because it’s black, she could’ve played with a little more color as far as her makeup is concerned.  And at the next award show, I’d love to see her in a cobalt or purple dress.  I feel like I’ve been seeing her in black far too much.

“Glee” star Naya Rivera channeled her inner “Jessica Rabbit” on the red carpet…

…and I have to say this is a major step in the right direction compared to last year’s disaster of hers.  She wore  pale pink Douglas Hannant gown with rosette detailing at the bust.  I’m not head over heels, but it seems she’s on course to a somewhat successful red carpet career.

Another “Glee” girl made her way down the red carpet in sequins galore…

Amber Riley wore an Oliver Tolentino (who showed at Island of the World Fashion Week) gown and looks absolutely amazing!  The one-shouldered silhouette does wonders for her frame, and her makeup is stunning!  Hot!

No stranger to red carpet events was Vanessa Williams

…who clearly joined Halle in the expedition to find the Fountain of Youth.  The actress wore a pale sequined vintage Valentino gown and showed us that she’s still got it.  She’s usually hit or miss on the red carpet for me, but she impressed me last night.  Hot!

Eva Mendes was in attendance at the 4th Annual Art of Elysium “Heaven” Charity Gala.

She wore a deep nude Valentino gown with ruffled caplet shoulders and a pretty little bow at the waist.  Though I love when she’s dressed in Dior, she doesn’t disappoint in her change of designers.  Hot!

And last, but not least, is Nicole Richie, who also attended the charity event…

The actress donned an Emilio Pucci gown with the right smokey eye to match.  The silhouette is so her, and she enhances the boho-chc glamor with dazzling bangles.  Hot!

Who made you double take this week?

~Vuitton

27 Responses to “Weekend Hot! or Hmm…: 68th Annual Golden Globe Awards and the Art of Elysium “Heaven” Gala”

1. glamazon says:

la lopez and vanessa williams rocked / soooo elegant

2. Britches says:

Halle – Booo!!!! She could have done so much better.

Ms. Lopez – Is giving it to the camera.

Eva – Same dress different color.

Amber – Too cute… Werk!!

Everyone else looks nice.

3. Lynne says:

Watttt!!!!! Halle Looked Gorgeous!_)

4. sun.kissed says:

Not loving this look on Halle, she could have done much better. J Lo looks great, but I’m not sure about the shawl thingy, I think it would have been much better if the sheer detailing was attached to the dress a la figure skater. Naya looks 100 times better than last year, thumbs up (but does she have a boob job?) Nicole Richie looks like a flapper…

5. Lola says:

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS JLO
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS
    STUNTIN ON THESE YOUNG BISHES

6. Blossom says:

I do NOT like Halle’s look! Two thumbs down!

Hey! Where’s Anika Noni Rose?

7. Brandi says:

vanessa.williams.is.it.

naya is super beautiful!

8. Melanie says:

Halle’s been wearing too many black dresses. I’d love to see her wear a brighter lipcolor. Vanessa looks great.

9. LoudPen says:

I liked J.Lo’s dress but I don’t understand the shawl. My fave looks are Amber Riley and others that aren’t posted here, lol.

10. esme says:

halle and j lo. look great, although i think j.lo’s look would’ve been better without the shawl. eva longoria’s look is very sexy and eva mendes’ look is very romantic.

11. Skye says:

Amber looks fantastic. Vanessa also looks nice. :)

12. Go Naya! says:

Naya Rivera is gorgeous.

13. Fred says:

damn Halle!

thanks for making me feel horrible for staring at your picture and eating my slice of pie

I have got to GO to the gym TODAY

14. R.Scholar says:

As a Halle Berry stan, she can’t really do any wrong BUT
    I’m not crazy about the dress or it’s color. She looks beautiful
    but as stunning as she could.

None of the looks wowed me. There were some pretty dresses that
    other stars were wearing but nobody bought it.

:-\

15. Channi_imaSTAR says:

Halle needs to stop with the “almost” i really do agree with Vuitton she should start wearing more couture..
    J-Lo.. Wooooow i <3 it, the shawl works it has a 20's vintage era to it..
    Everyone else looks lovely..

16. Dream says:

Halle beautiful as always.

17. LivvyV says:

Is it just me who thinks the best part of J.Lo outfit is the shawl, the dress is something we seen from her before. And Eva Mendes dress is just killing me slowly and not at all in the good way. Very flower girl to me.As for the best dress this awards has to go to Amber Riley and Nicole Richie who actually used the chance of a formal event to play with sequins, color, and details. And I would wear anyone of those outfits.

18. HALLE BERRY!!!!! Gorgeous!

Amber Riley also looks great! :)

19. JEM says:

Halle looks hot! I hope to look as good as her when i’m that age. WOW!
    J. Lo looks a bit tired & that dress is “old maidish”= fail
    the rest look great

20. Calming says:

She looks beautiful, but not the biggest fan of the dress.

21. binks says:

Not feeling either of the looks to be honest. I think everybody look decent but not really wowed worthy

22. FabBarbieKeya says:

Okay so Halle looks beautiful but I’m tired of seeing her in the color black, even though that was a big red carpet trend along with nudes, baby pinks, and emerald green but still. I’m loving J.Lo’s look, its beautiful & I get the shawl because without it would make the dress a little plain. Eva Mendez + Dior= A beauful fashion dream lol. I also thought that Natalie Portman & Catherine Zeta Jones look nice. Not too many misses this year.

23. hangtag says:

HALLE BERRY!!!!! Gorgeous!

24. cay says:

eva mendes, ma, you need to pick up that sandwich

this is not it

you better be preparing for a role!

25. BOOBOO says:

Eva n Nicole look lik drugs..Halle looks lik I made her dress (I can’t sew) Jlo needs 2 throw the shawl away..NOW! Loving Vanessa’s makeup n Naya dress.

26. whatevs says:

Amber looks amazing…

27. bklyngrl82 says:

To all who said Halle gets a “hmm” on this outfit…you had to see her “in person” as she presented her award. It was the best part of the whole show! You’ve got this room FULL of gorgeous people and when she walked out on stage, there was a collective gasp! Paul Giomotti (sp?) received the award she presented and they literally had to bleep out the next five seconds b/c he was like, Halle Berry – GOT DAYUM!!!! I have to say it was honestly a very proud moment for me as a black woman. Everyone in there forgot about Angelina Jolie for the whole time she was on stage. Keep killin’ em Halle!!!!