January 9th, 2011
Celebrity Style, Hot or Hmm
Hot! or Hmm…: Brandy’s Box Braids

So it’s official. The 90′s are back. In addition to Solange and Kim Kardashian wearing braids, we now have Brandy who was spied wearing the style at the premiere party of The Game in LA:

Brandy rocked braids with the best of them when she first debuted, then transitioned to straight hairstyles.

It certainly was cute back in the day, but I’m not sure the style needs revisiting. What do you think?

Source

Posted In
49 comments

49 Responses to “Hot! or Hmm…: Brandy’s Box Braids”

1. janay says:

I LOVE MY BRANDY WIT BRAIDS, JUST SEEMS RIGHT!!!

2. Skye says:

I absolutely love Brandy rocking braids. Honestly up until a couple of years ago, I didn’t think that she looked all that great with the straighter hairstyles. Maybe it was because she hadn’t really came into her beauty as she has now *shrugs*.

Whatever the case this look is definitely hot!

3. Tracy says:

I think this is the prettiest she has looked in a while. Braids look great on her!! Go Brandy!

4. Miss Smith says:

I say bring it back! Women look lovely with braids!

5. stylecartel says:

I wish the girl would leave the braids alone.

6. @kahdiim876 says:

I LOVE it!!!!!
    Kim kardashian..NO!
    Solange knowles..maybe!
    Brandy…YES!
    After all that’s really what she started with and everyone loved her braids and were inspired to get the same hairstyle…I love it!

7. Mz.Scott says:

She looks good. And so far she is the only One rocking it

8. vonnie says:

kim looked a mess, but brandy and solange look great with them! I want the braids that brandy has, they would make a good winter protective style and i HATE tiny micro braids, so they are a good size to me.

something “right” about brandy and her braids, lol, just how i always picture her.

9. I think Brandy can rock braids well because that is how we are used to seeing her. Interested to see who will be next…

10. On any other person it would be a hmmm….HOWEVER, Brandy made this a staple hairstyle. She is the one that made me run out and sit in an African’s chair for 8 hours every two months to get my micro braids. She better rock it out!

11. nay says:

woww she hasnt aged at all lol hott

12. Vv says:

I agree: it’s a big yes and that is how we are used to see her with beautiful braids… But it works because it suits her! This is where ‘Trend’ collapse for the likes of ‘Style’ when Brandy is with braids! :)

13. the truth says:

I think she looks fab. I don’t understand why folks are so against braids. Go to West Africa and you’ll see how strikingly beautiful the women are with their extensions.

14. $ says:

I love brandy with braids but are yall sure that isn’t a lace front? Because i see some glue at her hairline

15. @pearlMari says:

I honestly like this on her better than her wigs

16. LDNbaby! says:

Love it. loved it in the 90′s, love it now..! lol

17. I think Brandy looks better with the braids. I love braids, dookie braids, box braids, micros whatever!

18. Pattie says:

Braids on Brandy is a yes. Braids are a classic Brandy hairstyle. On the other hand, I don’t ever ever ever want to see Kim K. try to wear braids again. She looked terrible with braids. They just didn’t fit her.

19. Elle says:

Love the braids. I think in the real world of everyday life for alot of women (at least women I encounter or know personally), braids are a great way to change up your style, take a break from your hair, allow your hair to grow while being able to temporarily transform your look. Braids are beautiful and Brandy looks great with them!

20. I say HOT!

She looks beautiful!

21. Tifani says:

I wish Brandy would leave those braids alone too, for years she was basically the poster child for those things … I don’t feel she should have gone back to them, it’s kind of stupid to me!!!Correct me if I’m wrong …Isn’t wearing braids all the time the reason for her missing hairline?

22. esme says:

i think braids have always complimented brandy. they’re almost like her signature hairstyle.

23. nicole says:

Braids are the reason Brandy has loss her edges.

24. binks says:

YES!!!! Brandy looks so much better and youthful with her braids but at the same time mature. Some hairstyles just fits certain people and Brandy with braids is a prime example. I wasn’t feeling the wigs to much

25. NickieLuv621 says:

She looks better with the braids!

26. brooke says:

woooooooooow…Brandy actually looks normal in the face…bout time she left all that pounds of makeup alone..she looks nice here

27. Bronze says:

Ya’ll go ahead and bring that look back. You’ll be bald in 2 months flat.

28. yoBee! says:

I love Brandy with braids, I rather see her rockin an old school look that works for her, than go back to wearing ridiculous lacefronts. I commend Brandy & Solange in doin it different in a sea of weave.

29. SACASTAR says:

so crazies photos…Beautiful style Brandy !

30. BOOBOO says:

Yes!! Moesha is back. I love Moesha..Brandy not so much. LOL!!! So much better than the cheap lacefronts!!

31. andrea says:

i really like the braids on brandy

32. aquia says:

Im loving this look on Brandy, her makeup actually looks natural for once. Finally!

33. I think that the box braids works for Brandy…it is her signature trademark!

34. candylicker says:

This is why she’s bald now! Leave the braids alone!!!

35. bransings says:

Lol! I think she looks cute! She def made that look popular back my day. As I’m sure you all know, braids aren’t the only thing that can damage hair…so can a weave!! I say just do you! Hopefully her hairstylist is skillful enough to prevent as much damage as possible.

36. dyshaun says:

She looks good!

Bald? From wearing braids? 0_o

37. Choc says:

I LOVE BRANDY! I LIKE HER BETTER W/OUT THE BRAIDS, BUT SHE LOOKS CUTE ANYWAY.

38. Dobaby85 says:

I Heart B with braids. This style will never get tired. Granted it’s not meant for everyone….Kim K. No hating from this side, but they were not done right and they didn’t fit her face…on to the next one plz

39. Nikki says:

I’ve been wanting to do this style since around march of last yr because I saw old pics of Fergie with them. I just never got around to it, now I’m def gonna look like a swagger jacker with em. But Brandy looks really pretty I don’t really like her with straight hair. I like either these braids and I want to see her rock natural hair because she needs hair with volume. Kim’s was a fail, and Solange looked stupid too. I felt she was trying to look too much like a hippy and her braids were too long.

40. Keri says:

Heck to the yeah! B showing them how it done!

41. Alexis says:

Brandy looks absolutely beautiful with these braids, i am so so happy to see her get back to herself the Brandy we loved with the innocent and natural look and great talent, you are rocking the Braids. We are tired of seeing these bitches with the fake ass lacefront wigs and for the record they distroy your edges worse than the braids

42. sweetthing says:

Brandy seriously looks better in braids than the wigs she have been wearing, hope she keeps it up for a while….

43. Hawa says:

lol Janay, I agree. They just seem right on her. When I saw her with straight hair, it just didn’t suit her. I love braids but it also depends on whether the person wearing them can rock ‘em or not, and Brandi definitely can. Hot. Too bad my hair isn’t thick enough to wear braids without looking like my head is a dying rainforest. lmao

44. Sheka says:

Her braids look really good! Kudos to her braid stylist

45. tay_tay says:

i love the braids on her …! im qetting them tommorrow =)

46. sauda81 says:

I love the braids! In fact, I’m getting mine back next week. :) Also… since when were braids a ’90s-only style? Know your history, hun. Braids have been around since ancient times and haven’t ever gone away. They are timeless.