If you like to get dolled up before carving your turkey, check out five different makeup ideas to wear to dinner.
1. Dramatic eye, neutral lip. If your plans involve more than the traditional dinner (or you’re having dinner with the Knowles and/or the Ross family), try a smoky eye paired with a nude lip. A quick, simple, no-fuss way to create a smoky eye is to use apply an eyeliner pencil to your upper lashline and then smudge it upwards with either a smudging brush or a Q-tip. Try anything from basic black to royal purple to green. I love a waterproof pencil like Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Eyeliner Pencil because it’s super pigmented and will last all day.
2. Pretty simple. If you want something natural that still looks pulled together, let the focus be on the skin. Try a sheer foundation that still gives you some coverage like NARS Sheer Glow Foundation (for normal to dry skin) or NARS Sheer Matte Foundation (for normal to oily skin). Set with a loose finishing powder like Becca Fine Loose Finishing Powder (I can’t say enough how much “real skin” coverage this gives you—you don’t find this often in a powder). Line the eyes, swipe on some mascara, and a touch of a bright colored creme (for normal to dry skin) or powder (for normal to oily skin) blush (looks amazing on all shades of brown skin and can be toned down with loose powder if you wish) and lipgloss.
3. Glowy cheeks. If you miss summer’s glow recreate it no matter the temp outside with a glowy cheek. Simply apply your blush as usual and then apply a product like MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Gold Deposit (for warm skintones) or Too Faced Brightening Blush in Papa Don’t Peach (for cooler skintones) to your cheekbones in a light “backwards C” motion using a fluffy brush like MAC #187.
4. A simple red lip. You can be classic or you can be a tough girl when wearing red lipstick. It can add edge to just about any outfit. Many think it’s a tricky color to pull off, but not if you know your undertones.
5. All out color. Hey, if you wanna go there then just do it! Grab a color wheel and learn which colors complement each other to create your makeup color combos. To get the maximum punch out of bold makeup colors, particularly eyeshadows, use a base that’s a similar color to your shadow. Try Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream.
Tools of the Trade:
Whatever your plans are this holiday, have a happy, safe, and beautiful Thanksgiving, Bombshells!
7 Responses to “5 Thanksgiving Makeup Ideas”
Leave a Reply
Popular Posts This Week
blog advertising is good for you