November 17th, 2010
Party, Style Inspiration, What to Wear
Style Inspiration: What to Wear to an All Black Party

Miss Coco Shanell says, “There’s a huge all black party I go to every year and not once have I worn black ensuring that I stick out and always get caught in this best photos. This year there’s a rule: mostly black attire or no entry. Ugh any ideas on a mostly black outfit that will outshine a sea of other black outfits?”
Hi Coco! For me, the most alluring all black outfits play with texture. Feathers, lace, sparkles, leather, and sequins will help you stand out in a sea of all black. My recommendation would be to wear a lace black top with a feathered skirt, along with black ankle strap platforms. If it’s cold outside, throw on a fluffy black jacket, and accent your look with black nail polish and a dark red lip.

As always, the items above are splurges, so click on the widget below for tons of all black options that should give you some ideas. You really can do so many things with this look! Try leather, satin, ruffles, anything!

Also check out these celeb pics for more inspiration:

I’m a big fan of lace tops myself:)

Have fun!

Posted In
6 comments

6 Responses to “Style Inspiration: What to Wear to an All Black Party”

1. Kieaux says:

Omg! I have those peacock earrings!!! Now I feel like an official bad bish lol!

Sidenote: Claire, I’m LOVING ur lip color! Who makes it??

2. Eiphlurt says:

Love lolita lempicka thought it was discontinued..cosign on the lipstick

3. zy says:

ok, Rhianna was GIVING it to them in that pic and it looks like she was just in a random store or something, lol.

As for all-black… I’m a NYer so I think it’s in my blood, lol. I absolutely LOVE wearing all black. I agree, that lip color is doing the MOST Claire!

4. IslandLove says:

Lovely idea! Kim and Rihanna are killing it. Sorry but I think Amber looks cheap.

5. binks says:

Rihanna was working it

6. Grace says:

Rih Rih is making me want to invest in a pair of leather pants!