September 3rd, 2010
Celebrity Style, Rihanna, What to Wear, What to Wear for your Birthday
What to Wear for Your Birthday Party

Ah, birthdays. They come around every year, but they’re always special!

For your special day, your only duty is to shine.

Here’s how:

1. Don’t be afraid to wear bright colors.

Cast your inhibitions aside and slide on a sexy frock or romper in hot pink, electric orange, or even neon yellow. It’s your night, do it to it!

If you just want to go for a suggestion of color, try a little black dress with a lovely bright hued shoe:

Hot!

2. Try a bow.

Wrap yourself up like the gift you are, and present yourself like a stylish treat.

3. Get a little saucy.

You don’t need it all hanging out, but you can be a little daring with a slightly sheer top or a high hem.

4. Shimmer and sparkle, it’s your night!

Light it up in lovely sequins or beaded embroidery.

The point is to show out and wear something that’s fun and reflects your personality.

I decided against suggesting actual dresses, as it’s important for you to pick it for yourself. Go to your favorite store, try on a bunch, and pick the dress that makes you feel most beautiful.
It’s that simple!
Smootches!

Posted In
26 comments

26 Responses to “What to Wear for Your Birthday Party”

This is great suggestions! My bday is coming up so I will def try the bright colors!

2. I would MOST DEFINITELY wear Beyonce’s dress if I could afford it!!! She looks smashing in Balenciaga :)

3. shortylox says:

i love those “Hi-Liter” shoes

4. Cocoa says:

Love the suggestions!!! Most of these dresses I would wear. I especially love Ciara’s neon yellow dress very outstanding!

5. Leigh says:

oh YES! my last birthday i wore a sequined blazer

twas HAWTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT…if i may so myself!

6. Denise says:

i love ciara and rihanna’s shoes! i wanna get them!

7. My birthday is next Saturday! I will definitely take one of these ideas!

8. mikele says:

My bday is on the 21st and I’m having a big bash.. I was THISCLOSE to writing to you for help Claire! LOL You read my mind! :D

9. binks says:

love these tips!

10. Amanda says:

Thanks Claire, Libras in the house! Cant wait..

11. BRITTANY says:

TODAY IS MY BDAY! GREAT POST ON A GREAT DAY!!! MU-UAH! <3

12. Dressing up for a party isn’t that hard these days, as there are tons of gown and dress selections to choose from. Whether you are attending a very formal party or a somewhat casual one, you can choose from a variety of party dresses. Nice post. Keep up the good work. All the best.

13. emelia says:

great ideas…i was so stuck on wat to wear for my b-day ut dis has helped me sooo much…..thnks

Can someone tell where I can find that frock Cassie wearing

15. Nicki Jones says:

i wanted to know if you could do a “look for less” on what rihanna has on in the above picture.THANX!!!

16. [...] And she was simply stunning while doing so.  Rocking the heck out of this sequined mini and fierce black sandals, the actress looked over-the-top hot!  Hope you enjoyed your party Aisha! Note: this is a great example of what to wear for your birthday party. [...]

17. [...] I don’t only want a dress as a option.” Hey Grace! Aside from the ideas we have in our What to Wear On Your Birthday Post, you can go for understated elegance with a fun romper or a chic blazer and pant combo. Wear a pair [...]

18. [...] fun! And for more ideas, be sure to check out this vintage post, What to Wear for your Birthday. Share and [...]

19. [...] This $77 Bebe option can help you get the look of DG for less. Have fun! And for more ideas, be sure to check out this vintage post, What to Wear for your Birthday. [...]

20. [...] most style inspiration requests by far for birthday outfit ideas. Though I penned this post titled, “What to Wear for Your Birthday Party,” everyone’s birthday is special and requires something different, new, and saucy. So once a [...]

21. abbie says:

where to get those brightly coloured heels from? im in love!!!!

22. Successful says:

Great post ! I wanted to ask which email I can use for info about what to wear to an event or where I can find similar clothes. Answers please , thank you ..

23. LS says:

Help Me Please! I have read all the post and suggestions for Birthday outfits. All the looks were gorgeous, the only thing is my 40th Birthday is in December 2013 in addition I am a full-figured women. I look flattering in dresses…suggestions anyone???