August 27th, 2010
Beyonce, Celebrity Style, Look for Less

Hey Guys!
Sorry for the delayed Mail Bombs! Went out last night and had one too many Dixie Peach Martini’s. Sigh.
Thankfully Mail Bombs are ready to go!
First, a ton of readers were interested in Teyana Taylor’s ATL Takers Premiere look:

Ilona said, “I would LOVEEEEE to know where Teyana got her outfit! Especially those shoes! Would love to get them!”
One of our readers tipped us off to Teyana’s $295 Betsey Johnson Stetch Satin Bustle Jacket:

Apparently the pretty young thing was wearing that top in blue. Get the jacket here and cop her distressed cargo pants and wedge clogs with these options:

Next, Farrah says, “I am e-mailing you because I want to know where I can get a dress like Nene (top center).”

” I love it and need it!”
The New Housewives cast looks good, huh? Who are the new girls? Where’s Lisa Wu? These are the real questions people!
At any rate, a quick search found that Nene is wearing a Rachel Roy dress:
Her version is sold out in stores, but you can get a similar look with these options:

Donnie from Chicago says, “I was looking online and came across this fabulous dress that Kimora Lee Simmons is wearing.

” Please tell me where I can find it, the belt and the shoes! Thank you!”

Get Kimora’s striped strapless, pink belt and lace up open toe boots look here:

Nikki is a fan of Beyonce’s St. Tropez outfits, and submitted a query about her camouflage booties:

Turns out Beyonce is wearing her very own House of Dereon boots, as seen in her campaign:

There are no buying details on www.dereon.com (just loud music and pictures of Beyonce), but I’ll let you know once they’re available to buy!
Lastly, in a wardrobe query, Bestt says, “I need inspirations on what to add with school attire to make my outfit pop. At my high school we wear purple polo shirts everyday, and purple is a hard color to match. So, I need to know what colors and accessories I can add with purple & khakis to make my outfit “pop” from everyone else. Please help me out?”
A quick look at Danielle’s color wheel post reveals that the best colors to go with purple would be turquoise, yellow, pink or even red!
Accessorize your look with earrings, bracelets, and shoes that can make that ho hum purple pop. And don’t forget little details like nail polish–even try wearing a fun tank top under your polo to play with contrasts:

And for more tips on how to mix and match colors, read here.
I have a lot more wardrobe queries to solve, but will save them for individual posts that I’ll publish throughout the day.
Stay tuned!
Smootches!

Posted In
14 comments

14 Responses to “Mail Bombs: Teyana Taylor’s ATL Takers Premiere Look, Nene’s Rachel Roy Dress and Kimora Lee Simmons’ Strapless Dress!”

1. DyShaun says:

Need those boots…like i dont already have 3 pairs of camo heel boots lol…

2. beautifuldaidreamer says:

I don’t think I’ve ever seen Beyonce in HOD outside of an ad lol. That’s cool though…

Claire, nothing says “Welcome back to the A” like a peach martini!

3. mikele says:

I like Teyana’s wedges. I might have to snag a pair..

4. Dre says:

I heard Lisa left housewives because they wanted to stage drama, they said she was too normal, and she wasn’t feeling that. She was my favorite!

5. Teyanna Taylor is so cute to me. I love the style and the image that she projects. The promo pics for The Real Housewives of Atlanta are cute as well.

6. Tia-Bia says:

Only thing I like is Nene’s dress. Beyonce’s boots look like Dereon lol. Kimora’s dress looks like something you could find in forever 21 it’s really young for her too.

Teyanna has the most perfect natural breast I have ever seen. Get her a Vickie’s contract.

7. one yas says:

because everything HOD is just dreadful..

i take gwen stefani seriously, bey however..

8. sun.kissed says:

Those housewife promo pics are killing me softly. Kim’s wig is atrocious.

9. Rob Milby says:

Teyanna is very fashionable. With that body no clothing will look bad on her.

10. Mz.Sassy says:

I love Teyana’s Top…

11. Cool combination from all designers from different industry but the beauty reflects from how the model/person carries him/herself which is based on blending from the top to the foot.

12. beyonceaddict says:

Why are clogs “in” right now? I HATE clogs! They just look very dated…and terrible.

13. I love the draping on Nene’s dress. And as for bestt, I agree a nice mustard yellow would compliment your uniform nicely.

14. lipz says:

I cant get past Nene’s toupe!