August 20th, 2010
Style Inspiration, What to Wear
Style Inspiration : What to Wear to a College Football Game

Hey Guys!
So reader Alexis wrote in, saying, “I am a college student and I need help figuring out what to wear to football games. I reside in Georgia so you know that football is BIG! I want to be stylish but comfortable so that I can enjoy the GAME! Please help! Thanx XOXO!”
Well, where I went to school, wearing a school t-shirt and jeans was sufficient enough to show team spirit while enjoying the game. But in Georgia, especially UGA, it seems the girls turn it OUT in dresses and cute outfits that pick up on the school’s colors (red, black and white):

Look cute in shorts and skirts that accent your silhouette while also keeping you cool in the heat.
If the options above are a tad too dressy, you can go for a little more relaxed with these:

Whichever you choose, make sure you’re comfortable in flat or wedge shoes. And no matter your school, use this as inspiration–sub in your school colors for your own unique look.

Have fun!
For Dee Dee

17 Responses to “Style Inspiration : What to Wear to a College Football Game”

1. Kim West says:

This is a great post! We are a football family (Baltimore Ravens) and I’m always wondering what should I wear to a game!

2. Mz. Bronze says:

Are you serious with the dress????

3. DeeDee S. says:

i think your a bit off with the dresses they are more sundressy type but everything else works! GOOOOO DAWGS!!!!

dd

4. DeeDee S. says:

people also wear like solid color dresses ie. white or black or red and accessorize with the other colors! holler! GOOO DAWGS…again!

dd

5. Kayle says:

I think the second batch of suggestions are way more appropriate for a football game. I know that attire varies greatly from campus to campus, but a dress at a football game is too much. Bienvenue aux Etats-Unis.

6. ahsatar says:

Dress at a football game…nah unless you are sitting the whole time or in the suite seats. I just think its impractical to wear dresses to a football game cuz I go to quite a few NFL games jmo tho. But I like the other outfits and just a suggestion they are making more fashionably cuter stuff for women who watch college football and NFL just to let everyone know. Have a great day <3

7. ahsatar says:

Why didnt my comment go through???

8. ahsatar says:

Okay here I go again. I think that its impractical to wear a dress to a football game unless you are sitting in suite seats jmo. The reason why I say this is because of my experience of going to NFL games that’s all but hey to each their own. Anyway I was trying to say that the companies that make apparel for men to rock their teams are finally recognizing that women like sports too and they want to be cute while showing their support so also check out your teams store or even shoe stores fan pages. Have a great day <3

9. Claire says:

@ahsatar The spam filter is very high, it holds comments sometimes, but I always go through and approve eventually.
    @Kayle I think dresses at an F Ball game are a little ridic too, but here in Georgia they do dress up…tube tops, skirts, dresses, the whole nine.
    Which is why I offered a large gamut of selections from the super dressy to nice and casual:)

10. ahsatar says:

Oh thanks Claire I now see my comment went through a thousand times sorry lol

11. sun.kissed says:

Great looks! You all are acting like the dress has sequins on it. It’s a nice summer dress, jeez. Definitely a good look for a chick trying to snag a football player #imjustsayin’.

12. Joanne_ says:

aint nothing wrong with wearing a dress to a football game!! i dig all the looks.cuz sometimes you could be in the skybox in the a/c or outside near the endzones…
    THANKS CLAIRE!!!

13. mikele says:

Ummm… please never wear a dress and wedges to a football game. lol

14. DyShaun says:

I have worn a dress, a skirt, shorts…whatever I feel like wearing to football games .You are not always in the stadium seats.

The girls on campus here def. wear dresses. Dont shy away if you like dresses.

15. U THiiNK U NO says:

I think the chain is too much :S

16. binks says:

Those options are very cute, but I would skip the wedges for cute flats

17. Ms Diva says:

boo… hsssss…. THWG!!!!!!!! (To H-E-double hockey sticks With GA)!

Go Jackets! lolz