1. As always, beautiful makeup starts with beautiful skin. Cleanse, tone, and moisturize skin according to your skin type.
2. Since several colors are involved with this look and eyeshadow fall-out is possible, let’s do the eyes first. Apply an eyeshadow base like MAC Paint Pot or Urban Decay Primer Potion. Grab a green with golden sheen eyeshadow like MAC Eyeshadow in Swimming (or if you want something a bit lighter try MAC Eyeshadow in Juxt) and blend it on the bottom portion of the lid. Use an eyeshadow brush like MAC #224 for a smooth and blended application.
Next take a matte deep plum shadow like MAC Eyeshadow in Shadowy Lady and in a windshield-like motion, apply it into the crease. Try a crease brush like MAC #217.
For your brow bone highlight, try a shimmery golden eyeshadow like MAC Eyeshadow in All That Glitters or try a matte eyeshadow (or even concealer) 2-3 shades lighter than your skin tone—this will give you a great defined look.
Line eyes with a black eyeliner pencil. For a pencil that lasts even through sweat and tears, try Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes Pencil in 01 Mat Black. For a little drama, use a liquid liner like Urban Decay Liquid Liner on the top lash line and allow it to extend a little past the outer corners of the eyes. Hold the liner wand at a 15 degree angle or use the edge of a business card to help guide you.
Now take a pencil brush like MAC #219 and dip it into the green shadow shade and carefully line underneath your bottom waterline (the area underneath your bottom lashes) about half-way of the length of your eye. Then take a shimmery golden yellow-green eyeshadow like MAC Eyeshadow in Bitter and apply it along the other half of the bottom lash area as well as in the inner corners of the eyes. Apply two to three coats of mascara. Clean up any fallout or mistakes with a Q-tip dipped in water or eye makeup remover.
3. Apply liquid foundation using a foundation brush like MAC #190 or a makeup wedge. Be sure to blend all the way to the hair line, by the ears, and by the neck to avoid foundation mask. Set with a loose powder like Becca Fine Loose Finishing Powder using a fluffy brush like MAC #187. Some liquid foundations to try: Black Opal True Color Liquid Foundation, Face Atelier Ultra Foundation for Women of Color, Make Up For Ever Face & Body, Make Up For Ever HD Invisible Cover Foundation.
4. For the cheeks, apply a bright orange blush (don’t be scared—the pigments in our skin look best in brighter blush colors and if applied with a light hand will look gorgeous) like Cargo Blush in Laguna. If you went a little overboard with the blush, that’s nothing a dusting of loose powder can’t fix.
5. For the lips, try a Barbie pink lipstick like MAC Viva Glam Gaga Lipstick. As tough of a shade as it may look, it actually works through the spectrum of our skin tones. Still not feeling it? Grab a nude lip or be bold and rock a red lip.
6. To add radiance to the skin (or to help avoid “powder face”) give your face a spritz of MAC Fix+ Spray. Or if you have trouble getting your makeup to stay put, try Urban Decay De Slick Makeup Setting Spray.
Tools of the Trade:
And that’s that! Who’s trying this look?
9 Responses to “Get the Look: Rihanna’s Green and Yellow Eye Makeup Look”
Leave a Reply
Fashion Bomb TV
Popular Posts This Week
Cheap shopping online for more fashion and beauty products