August 6th, 2010
Date Night, Style Inspiration, What to Wear
Style Inspiration: What to Wear on a Blind Date

Sam says, “Please help me! I am going on a blind date next week and I am clueless as to what I should wear. My blind date and I will be meeting up at a local bar with some friends. I want to stand out and look sexy without going over the top. Any wardrobe suggestions?”
Hey Sam! I’d say that for a blind date, you should wear a mixture of casual and dressy items, showing you’re cool and collected with fun jeans and a blazer, yet demonstrating your sexy side with heels and a well picked top. The rule of thumb with a blind date is to not go overboard with your outfit: never reveal too much (deep v’s and high hems are a no-no) and don’t go for wild or zany (stash your silver sequined jacket for date three). In case your first encounter is awkward, wear a few subtle conversation pieces like a statement necklace or a funky ring–they may encourage dialogue during a lull.
Play the rest of your look down so your date can focus on you:

If it’s hot in your neck of the woods, leave the blazer at home.
Get the look above plus other options for tops and accessories here:

Good luck!

22 Responses to “Style Inspiration: What to Wear on a Blind Date”

1. Joanne_ says:

Lovez this look! Never woulda thought of the “highlighter” shoe. The earrings are the bizzzz.

Thanks Claire!

2. chictherapy says:

I think this outfit is too out there for a blind date.Its screams ATTENTION esp the shoes and the inscription on that tank top..I However , love the color combination, totally awesome

3. Layla says:

I think the shoe is fun. It seems bright, but worn with the outfit, it’d be a nice little accent. And the inscription on the tank is funny…

4. Tomorrow says:

I like it. I would rock it on the date. :)

5. Kimmoy says:

I like it too, think it’s memorable and the shoes/accessories would make great conversation pieces with her friends and perhaps the blind date.

6. yusufswifee says:

I like this outfit combination. No more blind dates for me, but I think the outfit speaks confidence and that’s important. Also love the addition of the highlighter shoe.

7. sun.kissed says:

Loves this look! Would wear it in a heartbeat.

8. Sam says:

Thank you soo much! Great Advise. I will definitely be following this tips!!

9. Claire says:

The top is a bit tongue in cheek (I was trying to be a bit humorous)…you can substitute with any other white tank or choose from one of the other options above.

10. Michelle says:

I totally got that before your explaination Claire! Loving this style inspiration!!!!

11. The casual and dressy mix never fails!

12. Sam says:

@ claire ..I figured that. I love the forget me not top. It suits my personality. Thanks again

13. Skye says:

Love this look. It’s casually cute and would most definitely make a great date look. Love the tee especially. :)

14. vonnie says:

that sky bright tee is AWESOME!! now that i looooove

15. ShopAWI says:

I love this look!! the accessories are hot. -ShopAWI

16. erika says:

im going to need those pumps ASAP

visit me at youtube.com/prettyglamtv

17. gottaloveaslimchick says:

I love the colors together. I would soooo wear this look

18. Vivian says:

The yellow pumps are a little too loud for me. I do like the necklace and earrings.

19. Mika says:

I love this look, something I would wear, who said you have to dress a certain way to go on a date.

20. [...] Source: http://fashionbombdaily.com/ Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:LikeBe the first to like this post. [...]

21. I just finished looking at your blog post. This is a Great piece
    of writing. This has helped me understand something new.