July 30th, 2010
Kelis, Solange Knowles, Who Wore it Better

Yesterday Fashion Bomb fave Solange wore the same $220 noir Sobat Triple Strand Beaded Necklace Kelis wore a few weeks back to her album release party:

Kelis wore the Kenyan inspired glass seed bead necklace with a black corset top and striped mini while Solange stuck to her quirky sensibility in a yellow patterned tank, black and white pants, and gold brogues.
It’s a tough choice. I like how the necklace picks up on Kelis’ hair and red lips, but also love how it works with Solange’s colorful outfit. I’d say it’s a tie!

What do you think?

If you need the necklace yourself, get it here.
Thanks Cute Lil Mizz!

Posted In
18 comments

18 Responses to “Who Wore it Better? Kelis vs. Solange in nOir’s Sobat Triple Strand Beaded Necklace”

1. daja says:

i think they both look cute…loves it..

2. Dee O. says:

Imma have to go with my girl SOLO!!!

3. asha says:

solange. on kelis, it seems like an afterthought that now has to compete with the bright lips and hair. it seems more organic on solange and complements each piece of her outfit.

4. SMDH!!!! says:

Kelis looks like an old lady in clown make-up and Solo looks young and vibrant! Solo all the way!

5. Mafade says:

Solange

6. My heart is torn. How do I choose between my two favorite ladies? Kalise’s hair and make-up are dope, but I gotta give it to Solange. I like the way the necklace is picking up the colors in her top.

7. Tia-Bia says:

I prefer Kelis look, it’s a lot better put together. I don’t like that necklace with solanges outfit at all or her brogues. I like the red lip on both and ‘fro’s on both ladies though.

8. sun.kissed says:

I don’t really like the necklace, but Solo wore it better. It has nothing to do with what Kelis is wearing. All that black is too harsh.

9. @tyeshawho says:

solange . . and heyy i have those gold oxford looking sneaker flats shes wearing! lol steven by steve madden . . if they arent steve madden they damn sure look like it!

10. My vote is for Solange!

11. Dinka Don says:

Neither rocked it like it should have been rocked! GRRRRR!!!

12. jboggie says:

on solange it seems effortlessly placed like it fit. Kelis is a more grown and sexy styling.I love them both. Kelis could have won keeping the stripes on a top and pairing it with light jeans. The piece does more justice with a casual look, in a night time look the outfit would have to be more edgy for the necklace not to look so styled.

13. LoudPen says:

I like it better on Solange. The necklace is just more colorful and artistic which is the look that Solo was rocking so it was better placed w/ her ensemble. On Kelis it looked out of place and it didn’t compliment her outfit.

14. R.Scholar says:

I voted neither because I don’t like what either of them are wearing besides the necklace… I ♥ that necklace!!!

15. . says:

Solo wore it better, I actually like her entire outfit. And she did great on Jimmy Fallon that night.

16. Monie says:

I heart them both…so this was a hard decision. They are both my style icons…but for this one I had to go with Solo Star!

17. Purple says:

Where can one get a budget-conscious version of this necklace?