July 6th, 2010
Claire's Life, Couture, Fashion Show, Fashion Week, Paris
Haute Couture Fashion Week in Paris!

Hey Guys!

So if you follow me on Twitter, you’d know that Haute Couture Fashion Week started yesterday in Paris!

I’ve been keeping busy, and went to my first two haute couture shows yesterday, Georges Chakra and Alexandre Vauthier (who we wrote about here). It’s invigorating and awe inspiring to see some of the world’s finest fashion creations displayed right before your eyes. I’m having a great time.

In addition to spying models off duty (see Ajak and Frida above), I’ve also been hanging out with some of my favorite street style bloggers…

…like Tamu of All the Pretty Birds, Hanneli of Hanneli.com and Tommy Ton of Jak and Jil.

I also picked up a little freelance gig, taking street style and writing news articles for Paris Vogue’s website, Vogue.fr:

Yesss, it’s a dream come true to be working for the fashion bible in the fashion capital of the world! When I first moved here, I had no idea what opportunities would come my way. I’m so blessed to have ended up in the right place!

At any rate, keep track of me of course on Twitter and also check out my work on Vogue.fr. Star it, like it, send it to your friends:)

Smootches!

17 Responses to “Haute Couture Fashion Week in Paris!”

1. DrDavon says:

congrats on the new gig, looking forward to more posts on fashion week!

2. Tima says:

Yayyyy Claire!!! Im happy for you, congrats girl!!

3. LoudPen says:

Congrats on the freelance gig! I’m super proud of you and I’ll definitely be checking you out!

4. Kimmoy says:

Congrats on the gig Claire, it’s so great to see you do your thang in France, keep up the good work!

5. esme says:

congratulations claire! working for vogue in paris!

6. sun.kissed says:

Awesomely awesome! I want to be like you like now!

7. Dobe says:

Do your thing, Claire! Keep up the good work :)

8. madame CJ says:

That’s fabulous news, Claire! Congratulations! Vogue Paris is truly the creme de la creme. You go girl!

9. Cleo says:

Congratulations! I’ll be checking out your work on the French Vogue website. :)

10. Monie says:

Congrats! Claire..we are proud of you!

11. Bonifant says:

Congrats on the gig Claire.
    But honestly that model with Ajak is not Freja Beha Erichsen…. maybe she’s another Freja but definitely not Karl Lagerfeld’s Freja. She never really wears dresses except for runways and editorials and the has a “float” tattoo that should be visible on her neck.

Pity the lighting of the blogger pic wasn’t better cos i like them all and Tamu hardly ever posts pics of herself but its still a cool pic.

12. Claire says:

Yo Bonifant,
    Yup, my bad for jacking up the models’ names. I asked them their names right before I took the pic, and I confused Anjak for Njok (check my Twitter–embarrassing). Anjak said the other girl’s name was Freja, but perhaps I misheard or perhaps, of course, there’s another Freja.
    And my b also for the bad pic. I thought having all the sunlight for an Iphone photo would be dope, but nope, it was just an overexposed pic. Hmm, maybe I can play with it in photoshop?

13. Bonifant says:

Cool Claire I’m sure you’ll get the hang of it maybe you should tweet Tamu for photo tips :) and Freja B is one of the few caucasion models I can distinguish from the rest so I can definitely understand the mixup.
    How the came out does lend to the spontaneity of the moment so I’m not gonna complain. Keep having fun!

14. Bonifant says:

Pic*

15. [...] Yours truly and fierceness herself. Ajak Denk who is *so* beautiful. She remembered me from when I took her picture during Haute Couture in Paris. Bethann Hardison cutting a rug. My homegirl Maya Lake, designer for Boxing Kitten. Sessilee Lopez [...]

16. [...] Ayiter/Alpha Auer/…./ Designed by Haute Couture Fashion Consultant extraordinaire, i.e., moi.. hhhA few nice Heli Pilot images I found: The Search and Rescue uniforms Image by Elif Ayiter/Alpha Auer…Pilot_2270470722_9575d228d5.jpg" width="400"/> Image by Elif Ayiter/Alpha Auer/…./ Designed by [...]