June 30th, 2010
Fashion News, Solange Knowles
Solange Talks Style and Shoes with Refinery 29

Fashion Bomb favorite Solange Knowles recently opened up to website Refinery 29 about her style and sick shoe game:

She says her style heroes include, “Diana Ross, The Fela Kuti Queens, Björk, ’70s-era Chaka Khan, Chloë Sevigny, (and) ’90s Erykah Badu.”

Her secret weapon? She says, “Shoes! I’m all about the shoes! I order a ton of them online and play with my entire wardrobe until I find the right shoe. Unfortunately, so many people get it right from the head until the ankles. The shoe is very important. I can’t even fuck with you if your shoe game is slacking.”

What do you think of Solange’s shoot and interview?
Read more here.

Posted In
14 comments

14 Responses to “Solange Talks Style and Shoes with Refinery 29”

1. simone says:

cute.. i love those YSL and i love her natural look….

2. Ambrose says:

Loved reading the article and love this post. She’s so refreshingly different. Kudos to Solange for having the guts to be her own person!!

3. asha says:

i’ve been paying attention to solange’s evolution and i can honestly say that i like her style. her quirks and adventures in fashion seem less random and more purposeful (read: less “look at me, i’m the wild little sister”).

4. yusufswifee says:

I am loving me some solange…I really enjoyed the article also. She is definitely one of my favorites.

5. sun.kissed says:

She looks great!

6. Joanne_ says:

I can’t get enough of Solange! Reading this article really offers an insight into who she is besides her fashion sense. I used to think “Oh, that’s just Bey’s lil sis” but ever since her bold cut I see her for Solange. Nothing more, nothing less. She’s her own person, gotta respect that.

7. . says:

GORGEOUS. I just love Solo. She seems like a very cool chick. Her and Bey have some very healthy, smooth, and porcelain skin.

8. kingsmomma says:

I love that last pic. She has definitely evolved into a woman. Very nice

9. Alicia says:

I have to agree i love solange’s style. I love how she plays with colors and prints and to top it off a bomb pair of shoes. I love how she keeps the makeup natural and simple also, sometimes its not about all of that, it’s about letting the outfit shine by itself.

10. McKenzie says:

Hey, every fashionista knows that an outfit starts from the shoes and goes up. Something about Solange rubs me the wrong way…she comes across overconfident and cocky. Not humble=Not cute

11. Cherokee says:

I totally agree with everyone regarding Solange’s style. I really love her style and the fact that she makes it her own. However, I gotta agree with McKenzie, Solo can be very cocky for no reason. I hate when people say sh*t like “can’t fuck with you if your shoe game slacking”. Fashion is all about creating a style that is you and is comfortable for YOU!!!! Whatever that is. But overall, this chick’s style is FYAH!!!

12. esme says:

i find her irritating like ashlee simpson. she is really cocky for no reason..two albums that have gone nowhere. why is she so arrogant?

13. de says:

Gosh she is so hated, even more hated than her sister I feel.

Anyway, I LOVEEE Solo. I like her and she seems to be one of those people who doesn’t care if you like her or not. Her hard exterior comes across that way, but she would have to or she would be eated up in this industry.

I love her style and I find her to have more charisma and realness when she does her. I love the natural look, how she plays with different colors and textures. I like that she isn’t afraid to be out of the box. Not to compare her to her sister(hey, its only natural:), but I can relate to her and her style far more than I can her other half. Not to mention my hubby thinks Solo has more sex appeal than B. Go figure!

14. [...] would. It’s similar to how I know I’ll never share a Popeye’s biscuit with Beyonce or borrow shoes from Solange, but it just feels like I [...]