June 30th, 2010
Beauty, Celebrity Style, Rihanna
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

The “Hard” pop singer went super soft and bright for a recent shoot for Seventeen magazine. Pairing lime green eyes and peach lips, Rihanna looks summer ready and hot. If you want to steal her look, I’ve got a break down that will take you less than 10 minutes. This look also works on our range of skin tones so even if you’re more Kelly than Beyonce, you can work it on out.

1. Start with freshly cleansed, toned, moisturized skin as well as properly groomed brows. I can’t stress enough how much beautiful skin (and eyebrows) make for even more beautiful makeup.

2. If you’re pressed for time, skip foundation and just apply concealer where you need it and set with loose powder. Try Becca Compact Concealer and Fine Loose Finishing Powder. 2 mins.

3. To really get the lime green color to pop, apply a greenish-gold base like Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream in #11 Gold. Not up for the bold color? Use a neutral base like Urban Decay Primer Potion.

Using an eyeshadow brush like MAC #224, apply a sheer wash of a lime green eyeshadow like MAC Eyeshadow in Bitter on the bottom lid. If you want the hint of orange Rihanna has in her eyeshadow, first apply a light dusting of an orange shadow like MAC Eyeshadow in Orange in the crease then add the lime green shadow on the lid. Blend where the two colors meet in quick circular motions being careful not to “muddy” the two colors. If you’re fine with just the lime green, you’re good to go. Apply a matte highlight shade on your brow bone about 1-2 shades lighter than your skin tone. Then apply 2-3 coats of mascara (try Rimmel Glam’Eyes Lash Flirt Mascara) 5 mins.

4. Apply an orange blush to the cheeks like Korres #44 Orange Blush. Don’t be afraid of an orange blush like this one—our range of tones can carry the pigment quite beautifully. Less than 1 min.

5. Last a creamy coral-peach lipstick like Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupté in #15 Extreme Coral. Less than 1 minute.

And you’re done!

Tools of the Trade:

What do you think of Rihanna’s look? Have questions? Drop them in the comments or contact me.

~Danielle
Pssst, if you like her dress, we found Rihanna’s wearing this $358 BCBG MAXAZRIA Spring Runway Dress:

Get it here.

Posted In
17 comments

17 Responses to “Get the Look: Rihanna’s Bright Seventeen Magazine Makeup + BCBG Spring Runway Dress”

1. Love the fresh and clean look on her. That dress is pretty amazing as well.

2. Layla says:

UGH!! Why does she have to be so damn gorgeous? She looks too cute and fresh in these pics, I love it! I think I have a girl crush on her…lol

3. IAMTRULYADORED says:

GO RI RI …. I AGREE SHE DOES LOOK VERY FRESH .. AND I LOVE THE ROUND TIP NAILS SHE DOES IT WELL .

4. sun.kissed says:

Cute pics!

5. . says:

That third pic is kinda creepy. Her nose usually looks smaller. The power of heavy contouring perhaps?

Love the colors, just not the pics.

6. gottaloveaslimchick says:

she is just too darn cute… i love it

7. L.B.FLAIR says:

Great face. Dress colors are hot, i’ve been rocking the yellow and gray since spring, and if you add something white, its a banger! Go RiRi!

8. Renee says:

She looks marvelous!!!

9. yusufswifee says:

I’m not loving these….especially not the makeup…but then again…I’ve been in a rut since like highschool.

10. It’s great to see her looking so soft and beautiful but still maintaining her sense of style. 2 snaps!

11. stacey says:

hey Danielle
    i just love orange blush it gives a fresh healthy glow
    can you do a post on orange blush for all skin tones

12. rican. says:

I love her fresh face. Def going to try this out.

13. Danielle says:

Hey Stacey! I did a Blush 101 post here: http://fashionbombdaily.com/2009/12/08/beauty-bomb-blush-101/ that goes into how to pick a blush of any color for your skin tone.

If you want some one-on-one help, contact me here: http://www.thestyleandbeautydoctor.com/contact/

I’ve found that although orange blush sounds tricky, the general idea is the darker your skin tone, the brighter the blush. I’ve also found that many orange blushes I’ve come across look great on virtually all women of color because our skin can take the pigment. It can also be toned down with loose powder if it’s too bright :)

Hope this helps—if not, feel free to email me with your questions. I’m swift with responding ;)

14. Purple says:

She looks beautiful. She makes Dawn look unfortunate in the post below.

15. Leigh says:

love it! going to try this!

16. esme says:

the makeup looks great…the dress not so much.

17. Elizabeth says:

wow, this is a huge breath of fresh air! she looks so beautiful, modern, and fun!!