June 23rd, 2010
Diversity, Ethnic Models, Fashion, Men's style
You Should Know : Male Model Maamri Farouk

European menswear runways may lack diversity, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t tons of talented, gorgeous black male models.
Let me introduce you to my friend, French model Maamri Farouk (www.maamrifarouk.com):

The Nice native is currently unsigned (can you believe it?), but definitely has a look and build that would look fabulous on any international catwalk.

He plans on moving to New York soon to find an agent and make his fashionable dreams a reality.
He’s one to watch.
See more pictures and contact him on his website, www.maamrifarouk.com.

What do you guys think of his look?

11 Responses to “You Should Know : Male Model Maamri Farouk”

1. french gyal says:

Come on he is arab !!!! Yes he looks great but isnt black

2. Claire says:

@frenchgyal He’s half ‘arab’ half black, but identifies as black (as I mentioned above, he’s my friend). And at any rate, he’s a man of color and I think he has tremendous potential. But thanks for reading and for your thoughts.

3. LoudPen says:

Claire, you are better than me for your response to @frenchgyal I thought her comment was rude and unnecessary. Especially since you made it clear that Maarmi is your friend.

Anyway, he is marvelous and I will definitely keep an eye out for him to be on the catwalks here in NYC. Maarmi, good luck with your move and career!

4. sun.kissed says:

Damn french gyal! Who made you the United Nations police?

5. IAMTRULYADORED says:

We need more color on the runways great models dont just come in one great shade of pale ..smh … Go luck to him and i know he will go on to do big things… @ claire dont forget to remind him that rent is a B**** in NY ..lol

6. the truth says:

He is fine as wine. And I don’t mind a little swirl in my coffee. Claire, keep ‘em coming!

7. nessa says:

lol @ sun.kissed. He is awesome and gorgeous. Good luck to you!

8. kissed says:

Meh, no wonder he hasn’t been signed, aint nothing special bout him

9. Moni says:

This guy looks wonderful! I hope he gets signed soon.

10. [...] You Should Know : Male Model Maamri Farouk [...]