June 22nd, 2010
Celebrity Style, Shopping, What to Wear
How Do I Wear That? Brogues and Oxford Shoes

Hey!

So I recently bought a pair of cute ivory oxfords to punch up my summer outfits. Though I’d seen the look pulled off flawlessly by several celebrities, I was still scratching my head as to how to rock ‘em right. I took to studying a few pictures, and came up with the following stylish ensembles:

Your Oxfords are always the focal point of your outfit, so make sure to show them off in shorts skirts or skinny leg jeans. If you buy a light pair for summer, keep your colors cool and neutral. Take a look below for more ideas:

And get the outfits above here:

What do you think of oxford shoes?

Posted In
9 comments

9 Responses to “How Do I Wear That? Brogues and Oxford Shoes”

1. yusufswifee says:

hmmmm, I definitely have seen these around and thought about them. I’m all about flats now with the 25 pound 7 month old…don’t know though…I wear a 9.5 and the husband calls me shasquash…I love the ensembles though.

2. sun.kissed says:

Cute looks, still not sure if I could pull it off though….flats would be a nice switch up.

3. I’ve been on the fence about oxfords, but they do look cute when paired with a flowy mini skirt. Maybe I’ll buy a cheap pair from F21 and see if I like them.

4. Dobe says:

I have a pair of bone-colored Oxfords, and am proud to say that I wore those babies d-o-w-n! Have to get another pair soon!

5. lely says:

what bout a black oxford ?
    what should I wear it with ?

6. kriss810 says:

Living Fly on a Dime – I agree, I recently bought a pair a f21 and they were on sale with the yellow tag deal for only $12. They are in a taupe color and I LOVE them.

7. shortie says:

What about ivory oxfords for fall? I purchased a pair and would like to continue wearing them.

8. LTD Watches says:

a black oxford would be great

9. Liv says:

I love oxfords, ever since I was a little little girl… I had the navy and white classic ones. I wore them Dr. M style in middle school and high school.. square toed, flat, with a thick heel all across… wore them in keds (keds are like canvas sneaker oxfords) and now I own about 9 pair… from the girly girl to the more masculine (which I love to wear with this navy blue chiffon skirt I have, hits just above the knees and a button down… usually coral…the shoes are a worn brown)… I think they are a very classic style that ad flair… they can dress up or down any outfit… and the fact that they come in heels are great… I think some women forget they can and should change out the laces… I do… especially if I am wearing a more masicule pair… I put in a ribbor or lace into where the laces usually go… it adds such a pretty detail… I love them so much, I am wearing a camel pair, with a wood bottom on my wedding day… with my very feminine lace a-line gown… along with a flower crown… and a mint green ribbon to string through the lacing holes to give them that extra va va voom… I think if you have the right outlook then wear them…