May 18th, 2010
Amber Rose, Celebrity Style, Rihanna, Shopping, Trend
Spring 2010 Trend: Athletic Wear

This spring is all about comfort, and celebrities has been dressing up workout wear for everyday fashionable occasions. Whether you jump on the sweatpants with heels trend, sport a cropped off the shoulder gym issue top, or slip on one of Alexander Wang’s fun bodycon dresses, you’ll look laid back and lovely:

Will you be trying this trend?
If so, get the look with these:

16 Responses to “Spring 2010 Trend: Athletic Wear”

1. Christina says:

Love it! Great post!

2. TicaPica says:

Claire, i love this look, but how do stop it from looking ‘chav’ or slouchy?

3. Amanda says:

Love this post…just gave me an idea :)

4. Deb Bee says:

I’ll most def be rocking this trend!!

5. Cass says:

I hate this trend. I mean the prices for a pair of cropped sweatpants are unjustifiable. When this trend is over with people will look in their closets and realize they paid $300 for a pair of gray sweats or a $100+ for a hoodie. If people must fall in line and rock it, this is easily recreated without the designer labels. At least that’s what I think. I will not rock this one.

6. mikele says:

I’ve been eyeballing the hoodie dresses on ASOS for months now… Now is everybody and they mama gonna be rocking one? Cuz if that’s the case…. lol!

7. roni says:

at ticapica you make sure you wear it with fitted items. if you’re wearing a slouchy sweater, wear skinny jeans. If you’re wearing sweatpants, wear a fitted blazer. hope that helps!

and @ cass if you knew anything about fashion you would know that YOU don’t have to drop a hundred on sweats. fashion is about making trends YOU!

8. esme says:

i don’t like wearing sweats unless im exercising or cleaning, so no, i won’t be trying this.

9. Bruce says:

10. LoudPen says:

I’ll definitely be rocking this trend. Most of it will be the inspiration for my undesigned line. A lot of women will hate it but one or two just may like it. :)

11. TiaB says:

I don’t like trends, I think they’re dangerous. You’ll have a closet full of ill fitted cheap or expensive clothes you won’t wear more than one season. I think women should just invest in classic pieces and sprinkle in cute “cheap” purchases.

Trying to dress like celebs (who are either paid to wear or loaned these clothes) doesn’t make sense.

12. Porsche says:

TiaB I agree. This one is actually cute. Just not the examples u gave. Amber Rose…ummm does that REALLY count.

13. wallflower says:

Fashion is more fun when you dress on trend! Every girl has her staples, but I love throwing in a sometimes inexpensive (sometimes not) trendy item!

14. [...] The piece aptly mixes casual ease with unexpected, creative elements, and is so perfect for looking fly while running errands. Telfar is known for thinking outside of the box, and re-imagining traditional silhouettes.  Bonus, it fits right in with the Spring trend of designer athletic wear: [...]

15. Otto says:

Having read this I believed it was very informative.
    I appreciate you spending some time and effort to put this content together.
    I once again find myself spending way too much time both reading and
    commenting. But so what, it was still worthwhile!