May 17th, 2010
Fashion News, Kimora Lee Simmons
Kimora launches a ‘Kouture’ Collection

According to WWD, Kimora Lee will be launching an exclusive collection for Macy’s called Kouture:

The entrepreneurial diva says that Kouture will be different from Baby Phat and KLS in that it is completely trend driven, rather than urban and streetwear related. She adds, “I wanted to do something that spoke to a different market for Macy’s…It sits in a different section. I wanted this to be crossover. I wanted this to be colorless and really about fashion. And it’s what I call recession proof. It’s really important to say that. You can get a cocktail dress with a bustier top and satin skirt for 30 bucks. You can get a great jean for $19.99.”

Kouture by Kimora is priced from $19.99 to $34.99 at retail and will be available in 150 Macy’s stores and online by July.

Will you be rocking Kimora’s Kouture??

Source

Posted In
14 comments

14 Responses to “Kimora launches a ‘Kouture’ Collection”

1. SHARi says:

Hmmm…I like the off the shoulder top. Her stuff still kind of looks a tad bit ghetto to me.

2. asha says:

i’ll have to see it in person but so far, it looks ok. much better than baby phat. actually, it looks like it would’ve done well at steve & barry’s.

3. No, no and no. It looks cheap. Maybe it’ll be better in person.

4. mikele says:

All I get from Macy’s these days is an occasional shoe and MAC. lol That’s about it. Maaaybe a watch.

5. DominiqueD says:

ummmm no kimora is the only one that can wear her stuff its just so not fabulous or classy which is the way she wants us to precieve it!!! blah i feel sick because little ghetto banshees across america will be wearing these tragic garments!

6. michele says:

^ lol at your whole comment:)

7. sun.kissed says:

So she wants to wrap Baby Phat up in a different box and sell it cheaper? Give me a break. This looks like the same crap that’s all ready on the rack. Come again Kimora Lee…this ish isn’t going to work. Her ‘Fabulosity’ line must not be doing well.

8. nessa says:

Honestly I think its a lot better than baby phat (never liked it). But this isn’t bad. I’ll at least check it out.

9. L says:

Kimore I HEART YOU SOOOO MUCH!!! However “Kouture” not very original & the outfitting you are sporting is very true to your line…need I say more.

10. TiaB says:

She’s so tacky to me. It looks on par with Babyphat to me, just no huge cats. This is one of those situations where I just say, I respect her ability to make money lol

11. wallflower says:

Looks the same as babyphat to me… Also, why does she insist on putting her brand all over the clothes? If I did found one ‘fit that wasn’t bad, I’d be too embarrassed to rock it because everyone would know it was babyphat/kouture/kls/fabulosity…
    Macy’s is cool… but she makes all her money at Burlington Coat Factory and Ross

12. Candysweets says:

This line (kouture) has got to be the cheapest looking and wackest clothing line i have ever seen. The material is awful and the designs are horrible. This kouture crap looks like it should be sold in rainbow or even worse a thrift store. I couldn’t believe that this mess was even thought of and made. I wouldn’t wear that mess if it was free. She put no effort into this line at all. Who did she let design it? her blind uncle? Whoever wears kouture should have the right to be smacked out! REAL HARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

13. Candysweets says:

@fabulously me it is cheap looking on the pic and in person….A HOT MESS!….@wallflower she has a shirt with her big face on it and im tryna figure out who would want someone’s big face chilling on their shirt. CATASTROPHY I SAY! lol

14. Ebony says:

I loveeeeeeeeeeeee this !