May 11th, 2010
Celebrity Style, Hot or Hmm, Kelis
Hot! or Hmm… : Kelis in Jeremy Scott, Givenchy, and Vivienne Westwood

Kelis was dripping labels for a recent outing in London, rocking a Givenchy gold studded leather jacket ($2,176), a Vivienne Westwood Heart Shape Bage ($888), and Jeremy Scott Mickey Mouse Sneakers ($300):
She finished her outfit with a pair of yellow Ksubi sunglasses.

With all the money she laid down for the outfit, you’d expect it to be hot! But hmm…everything seems a bit disjointed. What do you think?

Source: Upscale Hype

25 Responses to “Hot! or Hmm… : Kelis in Jeremy Scott, Givenchy, and Vivienne Westwood”

1. Daphne says:

She looks unique. I think that’s all she goes for with her looks.

2. Daja says:

everything is cool minus the glasses

3. sun.kissed says:

I like the sun glasses, jacket and shoes.

4. Florent says:

Hmmm. Hmm indeed ! But well, u can t dress up all the time !

5. Florent says:

Hmmm. Hmm indeed ! But well, u can t dress up all the time ! No one would pay attention anymore. oh wait ! yeah we would !

6. LivvyV says:

I like it minus the glasses I agree with Daja. Kelis always does her on thing regardless of with others think bad or good. I respect her for that. But she needs to start dressing a little bit more classy, she is getting older. That goes for Beyonce to when she out in public.

A pure mess.

8. Mykhal says:

HMM… is this what she’s doing w/ that money from Nas?! o_O j/k

9. HopelessRomantiK says:

These pieces are fly just not together..

10. Aye says:

I don’t mind the look, minus the bag. We’ve seen far worse on here.

11. TiaB says:

I love all the pieces, but the look is too relaxed for my taste. I prefer Kelis dressed up in sequins and heels and jewels. That jacket is amazing though.

12. Nyel says:

Hmm…I need her to simplify her life. Jacket, shoes and sunglasses. The scarf and purse are too much. Great indivudual pieces but lets not put on your whole closet.

13. Empress says:

a very long hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

True Queen

14. SHAWNY says:

i think its kinda hot..

15. Latasha P. says:

I can’t believe no one said anything about the mullet…luv the jacket

16. mesa says:

This must be where all nas child support money go!!! Lol I love the shoes and the jacket and the glasses but its too much! It’s like I get that you march to the beat of your own drum but this right here your literally got a whole matching band….its like she didn’t even think twice about hell I don’t even think she thought at all….but I’m gonna give her the benefit of doubt maeby that’s all she had*kanye shrug*

17. viv says:

works for her sense of style…

18. beautifuldaidreamer says:

It’s busy but it’s Kelis. Like somebody said, is THIS where Nas’ money is going? Loves her but smh…

19. JerseyBred323 says:

So Nas paid for that get-up??? I like her style so I’ll go with “Hot.”

20. Tam says:

HOT! I dig it.

21. SMDH!!!! says:

Kelis is tacky and no amount of expensive clothing will stop her from getting old and tired! This woman is a 30+ year old mother…she needs to grow-up and stop trying to look like a Harlem teenager who just got her first big check!

22. esme says:

i think she needs to reaccesorize her outfit. she has too much going on all at one time. each piece looks nice seperately, but together, ridiculous.

23. beee says:

Poor Nas. Literally.

24. [...] can wear these looks from the tailored suits in the office to the draped dresses for nights out. Kelis and Kelly Rowland have worn the brand in seasons past and I would love to see them in some of the [...]