May 11th, 2010
Beauty
Eye Makeup Inspiration: Almond Eyes
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

Finding eye makeup inspiration from your favorite celebs can be futile unless your fave celeb has the same eye shape as you. I’ve scanned the internet for images and have grouped them together so you have a source for eye makeup looks for your eye shape. We’ll be looking at different eye shapes all this week!
Let’s start with almond eyes:

Almond eyes are classified by their upswept lift at the outer corner. They are the most common eye shape and since this eye shape is more symmetrical than the others, you can easily get away with most eye shadow combos.

Fashionista and singer Rihanna is a great almond eyed beauty who plays around with many different eyeshadow combinations. Check out a slew of her gorgeous makeup moments–perfect for inspiration for your own eye makeup looks.

P.S. Don’t focus so much on her complexion but more on her eye shape as inspiration. With these pictures you can get an idea of where you should place certain colors on almond eyes and create dozens of additional eye looks!

Makeup Tip: You can work tons of different eye makeup looks with this eye shape so go forth and have fun!

Click images to enlarge

~Danielle

Posted In
9 comments

9 Responses to “Eye Makeup Inspiration: Almond Eyes”

1. Cee says:

Thanks for the post. I always love Rihanna’s eye makeup (and makeup period) :)

2. Beelle says:

The eye shape is just the half of it, I have hooded almond eyes and it took a while to learn how to do makeup looks for it.

3. empress says:

Can’t wait to see the rest of the series, I’m a little unsure as what to classify my eye shape as just yet.

True Queen

4. HopelessRomantiK says:

I have almond eyes. I assumed you were gonna show diff celebs with almond eyes. :( I was looking for Chrisette… anyways, Rihanna looks are nice. I think they always do a great job on her eyes and lashes.

5. Try Truo’fles new Makeup Collections.

6. sagal says:

love everythin abt hur style

7. Danielle says:

@HopelessRomantiK sowwy…lol. This is a series of posts so I picked one celeb per eye shape. It’s tough coming up with more than one celeb (who are of color and with good makeup pics) for all of the different eye shapes–especially the “less common” ones. So to keep it uniform I just used one celeb for each post in the series (because I could have found a gazillion for almond and then like one maybe two for the others)…lol

8. Sia says:

She is gorgeous! I wish she’d go a little less colorful on the makeup though.

9. [...] HelloMagazine, TheBeautifulDiaries, FashiomBombDaily, Maldita, VogueFolk, Anzsista2Envy, SkinErrors, Glamour, TheStyleandBeautyDoctor, [...]