May 2nd, 2010
Beauty, Fashion, Kanye West
Weekend Beauty Hot! or Hmm…
By The Fashion Bomb Staff

Happy Lunes, chicas! It was a scorcher (considerably) this past weekend here in NYC. I spent most of the time plotting on ways to get my slum lord to kick on the AC ahead of schedule this year, but our favorite celebs were busy being out and about. Let’s take a look at their hair and makeup, shall we? Yes, lets!

First up we have First Lady Michelle Obama (and her face in this pic is the exact same face I make every time for the millionth and a half time I realize there’s a Black First Lady) who graciously hosted the White House Correspondents’ Association Dinner with her hubby President Obama and the White House staff over the weekend. Lady O’s hair was coiffed into a sleek bob (most likely fashioned by hairstylist Johnny Wright) and her makeup featured flawless skin, a slight smoky eye, peachy cheeks, and nude lips. Hot!

Actress and recent host of Saturday Night Live Gabourey Sidibe was also spotted at the White House this weekend. Her seemingly sweet personality could not in the least make up for this super greasy makeup and haphazard wig. No ma’am. I’m dishing out a lifetime supply of MAC Blot Powder and a 2 year membership to the Beyoncè and Tina Knowles Wig Crypt Foundation. And O-M-G Gabby! What’s that stain on the front of your dress? Hmm…

Victoria’s Secret model Selita Ebanks was seen hosting an event at LAVO Nightclub in Las Vegas. I love her smoky eye and reddish-brown lips (although the lips say fall/winter more than spring/summer), but the hair looks a bit costumey. Like an extra from the Kanye West Gold Digger video. Hot! for the makeup. Hmm… for the hair.

I’m not hating, but I’m just saying I’m not sure how Kim Kardashian got an invite to the White House party this weekend. She looked gorgeous though with her bright red lip and black eyeliner worn with slicked back hair. I still give it all a Hot! although I could have done with less lashes and less foundation.

And over in NYC, actress and hot momma Jessica Alba was spotted at an event for the Tribeca Film Festival. She rocked a super pretty emerald green eye makeup look and paired it with rosy lips and tousled hair. Hot!

Queen Latifah also made it out to the White House this past weekend. The Cover Girl Queen wore gorgeous neutral makeup paired with peachy cheeks and soft, loose ringlets. Hot!

And last but not least, actress Megan Good was spotted leaving Bar 210 in Beverly Hills last Friday. While I find the cutie normally wears way too much makeup (even for a makeup lover like me), her look here is super Hot!

What do you think of this past weekend’s lineup? And what did YOU do this weekend?

~Danielle

Posted In
10 comments

10 Responses to “Weekend Beauty Hot! or Hmm…”

1. Guest says:

Meagan has on too much makeup for the baseball cap/t-shirt look. Kim looks AMAZING, per usual. Gabby….

2. Shanitahz says:

First Lady and The Queen all day! Both exude class and sass. Two TRUE regal beauties. Everyone else…eh. Typical Hollywood. Seen it all before.

3. Daphne says:

Poor, poor Gabby.

4. Brandi says:

gabby looks straight up crazy. and either kim’s foundation color is too light or the camera flash washed her out, i dunno. her face also looks a bit clownish to me.

but i’m loving my first lady!!!!!!!!

5. Fe`roma says:

I don’t like Selita’s hair but otherwise, a hott look for her.

Kimberly looks okay. I’ve seen her look much better and I agree. How & why did Kim get invited? I like her BUT really? Kim to the White House?? Where was my invite then?! :)

Jessica Alba always looks tired to me. It’s like she has no help at all / her daughter.

I ♥ Megan Good. Love the laid back look she’s sportin’ but what’s up w/ the red lipstick all of the time??

6. LoudPen says:

I loved Michelle Obama & Jessica Alba. I really liked how Jessica Alba did the green eyeshadow, it really made her eyes sparkle.

7. Taylor says:

First Lady looking hot. Her makeup is fierce! Fierce! Love her.

8. Jessical says:

MICHELLE OBAMA IS SO CLASSY AND BEAUTIFUL. THAT HARVARD DEGREE REMINDS ME OF HOW HARD I WANT TO WORK SO THAT I CAN BE JUST LIKE HER. MICHELLE OBAMA ALL THE WAY!

9. Detroit says:

Jessica Alba and Kim Kardashian looks horrible. Sometimes I think people get caught up on skin color that they forget that the person is not even pretty. They are both just ok, but black women beat them in the looks department. I will take Michelle Obama, Queen Latifah or Megan Good anyday!

10. MzNoShadeBut... says:

The first lady looks gorgeous as usual and the queen is always beautiful. Knock knock- may i go in?

Gabby and selita both got those wigs for 15.99 at longwood beauty supply on harvard (in cleve) we not gone talk about gabbys stain cuz the girlz got excited about the chicken with the fancy sauce and thats really not her fault.

Kims face is 3 different shades of mac and poor jess i just want 2 walk her back home and tuck her in the bed. She look like she just got through hittin some rocks. The girlz look very sweaty and unstable, no shade.