March 23rd, 2010
Celebrity Style, Hot or Hmm
Hot! or Hmm…: Jill Scott at the Premiere of Why did I get Married Too

Janet Jackson, Gayle Smith, and even Judge Mathis came out for the premiere of Tyler Perry’s Why did I get Married Too in New York.

The fashionable arrivals were pretty standard…until songstress and actress Jill Scott hit the carpet:
She debuted an indisputably hot half braided hairstyle:
The dress, I’m not too sure about, but her cornrows are tight. Love it.

What do you think?

Check out the rest of the arrivals here:

As an aside, I cannot wait to see this movie! Tyler Perry flics are one of my guilty pleasures.

Posted In
14 comments

14 Responses to “Hot! or Hmm…: Jill Scott at the Premiere of Why did I get Married Too”

1. I like that she tried to be different. It works for me.

2. [...] full post on The Fashion Bomb Blog /// All Urban Fashion… All the Time Hmm…, Jill, Married, Premiere, [...]

3. Lish says:

Its the mesh part that’s throwing off the dress but other than that the dress looks good on her …but can we talk about how amazing Janet looks!!!

4. Ambrose says:

I think she looks great!!

5. beautifuldaidreamer says:

She looks AMAZING! Her post baby body is banging. That dress flatters her so well, her makeup is flawless and that hair…can’t say enough good things about this look

6. Godiva says:

i love her look! It can be hard to find fab looks for curvier women and i think she did a great job with a dress that is size appropriate!

7. KK says:

Everyone looks fab!!! Jill Scott’s hair is nice but seems tight! Not a fan of her dress… With her body type, she doesn’t need those sleeves

8. AD says:

Hair is hot. Dress is ok. Nonetheless, she looks fab! Get ‘em Jilly!

9. Leigh says:

Love you Jill :D

hair– love it

dress! i think it’s too much :S prob cut either the sleeves and that sheer bit or BOTH

10. Love Jill and her body looks great, but I’m not really feeling the dress. I think it would have been better without the sheer panel with the rhinestones on top.

11. LoudPen says:

Jill looks fab! This is why I love the fashion bomb b/c we are finally seeing exposure on celebs and events that we can’t see anywhere else. Keep up the good work.

12. Wendy says:

i think that she looks fab! the dress may not be for everyone but it is tailored for her figure…loving the hair…it works for me!

13. Kate says:

Fabulous! Definitely hot!

14. Kaale says:

We recreated Jill Scotts hot treebraids style here: http://www.upalmit.com/treebraids1.html . Cost: $150. Call 609-213-7985. We travel.