March 12th, 2010
Beyonce, Video
Video: Telephone by Lady Gaga featuring Beyoncé

Lady Gaga and Beyonce’s hot song Telephone…

… finally has a hot video to match:

The video was directed by Jonas Akerlund and has been called a , “true cinematic masterpiece.”
Do you agree?
*Check out my Style Breakdown of the video over at AOL.com.

Posted In
7 comments

7 Responses to “Video: Telephone by Lady Gaga featuring Beyoncé”

1. sun.kissed says:

Interesting, that’s for sure.

2. Allana says:

No, into at all. I watched it a couple of times, maybe it will grow on me. Different and extremely long doesn’t make something a masterpiece. I’d take Gaga’s Paparazzi anyday…it was different and made sense. Or even any of Bey’s other vids. For those who give it credit just for not being exactly what the song describes, I don’t think any video should do that except for maybe a simple song for a simple video. and BTW the acting was horrible, I always say Bey’s no actress, but that was even bad for her maybe because it was rushed. So long+loud+extreme=EPIC…I don’t think so. EPIC=impressive; surpassing the ordinary. All it surpassed was the time other videos take from my life

3. Velvet says:

I would think that a masterpiece would be ORIGINAL, but this is a total ripoff of a Tarantino movie, and Kill Bill at that. Come on now FB. lol

But I did think it was entertaining as hell tho. Nice, bright colors.

4. Moni says:

OK, this is what this is:

A take on the Roger Corman flicks of the ’60′s (hence the polished bad girl, red lipstick, beer can hair rollers, straight up “Faster Pussycat, Kill, Kill” movie) Beyonce’s Bettie Page hairdo…

A take on the ’70′s chain gain/women prison flicks (Black Mama/White Mama, Chained Heat etc)
    A bit piece on Kill Bill Vol 1 (In which Quentin Tarantino said was based on kung fu and exploitation flicks he watched in the ’70′s).

A bit of Thelma and Lousie kicked in.

I give them an A- minus because for today’s audience, it is different, if one is not familiar with where this came from you’re lost.

I give Lady GaGa credit for becoming VERY DIFFERENT, nothing like her since Madonna.

I give Beyonce credit for doing something VERY DIFFERENT than what she usually does.

That’s it. Creative yes, cinematic masterpiece, no.

5. Interesting video… Love the styling… Catchy tune.

6. Lish says:

In this era of boring videos you know…girls..cars..girls..cars lol I think this is a breath of fresh air ….THIS IS A MUSIC VIDEO!!! i hope to see more like this in the future

1. That was a very fashionable prison lol
    2. The make up was HOTTTTTT
    3. Beyonce did use the same monotone voice lol
    4. That jazzy bandleader jacket Honey B was wearing was FIERCE!

7. BlaqCurrant says:

Got damn Moni, YOU READ MY MIND!!!!! Your entire comment is exactly what I was thinking, and yes “if one is not familiar with where this came from you’re lost.” and confused and ya just won’t get it. I do like the video, it is a breath of fresh air, in what seems to be a sea of hot cars, hot stripper/video chicks, and tactless in your face sexual overtures, while the concept of this video is nothing new, but what video concept is really?” I definitely applaud this video, I’m not sure if I grade it an A-, but maybe a B?