January 29th, 2010
Fashion Fun, Fashion News, Just Because
Fashion Fun : The Barbie Basics Line

Back when I was a young bombshell, I loved me some Barbie!!
Every Christmas I asked for the newest hottest doll, and still have my Astronaut Barbie, a handful of Skippers, and many Dee Dee’s (with their hair full of grease but I digress).

So imagine my delight when I learned (via Afrobella) of a new line of fashionably fierce Barbies called Barbie Basics:

Apparently twelve CFDA fashion and accessories designers, including Rachel Roy, Betsey Johnson, Isaac Mizrahi, Tory Burch, and Kate Spade, created one-of-a-kind dolls spotlighting their unique points-of-view. Starting today, the dolls will be exclusively auctioned off on Ebay, with 100% of the proceeds going towards CFDA educational and scholarship programs.

Bidding starts at $100 and auctions end February 7th. I love them all!

Take a look at the auction here. Also, hop on the waiting list for a select collection of Barbie’s here.

Did you love Barbie’s growing up?

Posted In
10 comments

10 Responses to “Fashion Fun : The Barbie Basics Line”

1. Dobe says:

They did a great job with these Barbies!

2. Beyani says:

Love them…I want them all!!!

3. whit says:

I hesitated at first clicking on this post. I thought it would be another nicki minaj post. I know, i know. smh. I WANT THESE!

4. sun.kissed says:

Cute!

5. Natalie says:

I love it! I see a Barbie representing every ethnicity.

6. NenaShylon says:

GOD!! Those are really cute things!!

7. brooke says:

The neckline on the barbie on the far right is too low. She is showing tons of cleavage. I was shocked and appalled when I saw that in Toys r Us.

8. Cleveland Cutie says:

These are great!

9. Jasmine says:

These dolls are awesome! But I need help finding a black barbie with curly hair (not relaxed) for my daughter’s birthday! Does anyone know where I could find one?

10. What’s up, its fastidious piece of writing regarding media print, we all understand media is a great source of facts.