March 4th, 2009
Men's style, Shopping, Trend, What to Wear
Trend: Denim Jackets

Hey Fashion Bombers!

It’s Vuitton here with a trend report on a spring staple: denim jackets.

denim-jacket

Leather jackets may have to take a back seat!

For some odd reason last Friday, while all my friends were craving food, I had a craving for a jean jacket.  So I hopped on over to Zeller’s and found a Levi’s denim number for about $40. Quite a steal, plus it’s a perfect item for those warm, but brisk days.

Here are  some looks for both men and women that incorporate my favorite new piece!

For having brunch al-fresco with your girlfriends

women-look-1-edit

1. Old Navy Denim Jacket,$25. 2. Strapless Petals Cutout Dress, $28. 3.Bakers Berkely sandal. $70. 4. Faux-Lex gold watch, $30.  5. Fashion Bangle Set,$6.

For the Boho-chic chick

women-look-2-edit

1. H81 Elisha Denim Jacket, $27. 2. Old Navy Roll-Up Twill Shorts, $15. 3. Winona Knit Top ,$23. 4. ASOS Leather Fringe Flats, $46. 5. Chantel Button Hobo, $34.50.

For your inner vamp

women-look-3-edit1

1. American Eagle Vintage Denim Jacket, $49.50. 2. BDG Boyfriend Patchwork Jean, $30. 3. Truly Madly Deeply Deep V Neck Tee , $24. 4. Oh…Deer Sweetie Black Patent Pump, $82.  5. Super Candy by Candace Ang Satin Ruffle Necklace, $68.

And for the guys…

For the casually classic

men-look-1-edit

1. Wrangler Denim Jacket, $86. 2. Everyday Straight Leg Khakis, $19. 3. Fitted Perfect shirt, $39.50. 4. American Eagle Boat Shoes, $39.50. 5. Match Necklace, $15.

And to channel your inner Pharrell

men-look-2-edit

1. Levi’s Trucker Jacket, $68. 2. Empyre Punk Rock Paul Detroit Blue Jean,$45. 3. Exact Science Kicks & Ass Tee, $29. 4. Reebok Pump Omni Lite, $100. 5. Talking Japanese Watch, $19.

Rock your denim with confidence, but first pay attention to a few rules:

1. NEVER wear the exact shade of denim on top and on the bottom. You don’t want to end up looking like an extra in a late 90s music video. Contrast is key!

brit-375x550-denim

2. It’s spring, so roll the sleeves. Ladies can take it as high as the elbow. Guys, just roll up enough to show the wrist, especially if your watch game is on point.

teyana-nina-sky

3) Popped collars on denim jackets are much better than popped collars on shirts…ALWAYS!

popped-collars

That’s it for now. Until next time…keep it fab!

~Vuitton

Posted In
19 comments

19 Responses to “Trend: Denim Jackets”

1. Natalie says:

Hmmm, I have been tossing this trend around in my head, but maybe I’ll pop out an buy a denim jacket… I just can’t get the 90′s out of my head.. I think Rihanna rocked it best, I might just opt for a gillet instead.. Great post though

2. Christina says:

Great story, I have been thinking of buying a denim jacket, but I’m looking for something vintage-y like the one Kanye is wearing. Thanks, Vuitton!

3. Krishonda says:

Vuitton you are AWESOME! I love the looks you put together and they are all very affordable. i love The Fashion Bomb, but sometimes the clothes are a little too pricey for us fashionista on a budget. I will definetly be piecing together the first outfit! Thanks, Vuitton!!!

4. JOY says:

Can I say that I love, love, love Vuitton’s posts!!! That pic of Britney & Justin is hilarious!

5. Sahm says:

I am officially a fan of Vuitton’s post. Please make more post Vuitton!

6. Mikele says:

I was giggling at the Brit and JT pic too! LOL!
    I just got a ‘new’ jean jacket from my aunt’s collection (she just passed) She had like 10 in her closet! Now I know how to rock it! :)

7. Briitany says:

Great Job Vuitty Baby! I was juts thinking that I want a denim jacket for the spring!

8. Nessa says:

Great post!! Well written and I love those sandals!! makes me want to get one! Keep writing Vuitton

9. Jai says:

OMG this post was awesome! I bought a denim jacket like 3 years ago so I don’t have to spend $40 to buy another one and I’ve noticed that it’s a trend in Hollywood too! LOL Looks like I’m gonna have to get my Kanye/Kelis on this spring and rock my jacket with different pieces and look fab doing so. THANKS VUITTON!

10. Liah says:

The fashion Bomb is always on point! Are u guys reading my mind? I was just entertaining the idea of buying a lil’ denim jacket for the spring season. A jean jacket is classic and comes in enuff varying styles to stand out in the crowd. Now I just have to figure out where I’m gonna purchase mine… the GAP maybe?

11. Meesh says:

I love this post!. I saw it earlier in the day and had to hit the mall this evening to pick up the denim jacket/ white dress gold watch fit!

Looks GREAT!

12. This is my first time on this site and I think it’s official…I’ve found a new favorite blog!!! :D

I love the fact that everything is affordable without looking cheap. Y’all did that!!

13. LoudPen says:

Vuitton, what a great post! The first look was like my dream spring outfit! In the words of Martin, “You go Boy!”

14. Talie says:

Vuitton, i love this post i like how u keep it within some reasonable budget and it still looks like u spent a lot!

p.s. can you be my personal stylist? lol

15. Tanea says:

………Vuitton! YOU have a style eye out of this world…..Your friends must be lucky to have you around to tell them to change, or give them the thumbs up before going out…;) HAHAHAHA!
    xoxox
    Pina Colada

16. iole says:

Hi love your blog.
    Totally agree with the suggestion.
    Come to visit mine
    xoxo
    Iole

17. Jason says:

That jeans dress must be very heavy…

18. Carie says:

But please don’t wear baby-size like Kanye. Looks like the lower button popped out because he’s fat.

19. Hey I know this is off topic but I was wondering if you knew
    of any widgets I could add to my blog that automatically tweet my newest
    twitterr updates. I’ve been looking for a plug-in like this for quite
    some time and was hoping maybe you would have some experience with something like this.
    Please let me know if you run into anything. I truly enjoy reading your blog and I look forward to
    your new updates.