As a fashionista, you know I’d love to take my whole wardrobe, but the last thing I need are lots of bags to lug around London Town!
I decided to compile a list of 10 Fashionable Travel Essentials that will fit into one large carry on–along with 28 options that will take the most chic traveler through their journey with minimalist style. Pack lightly–but bring lots of accessories!
1. White T-Shirts
The epitome of crisp, a white tee goes with absolutely everything and serves as the perfect backdrop for dangling necklaces, bangles, and look at me accessories. If you’re on vacation for a week, I’d say bring 3 or 4 options (scoop neck, v-neck), and switch them up for endless possibilities. Wear one with cute shorts, under a jacket on cool days, or with just about anything! My picks:
1. James Perse Ultra Supima Rib Short Sleeve T, $60. 2. Intuition Wear V-Neck T, $26. 3. Unisex Sheer Jersey Short Sleeve V-Neck, $22.
A pair of jeans is the perfect travel go-to, fitting yet stylish for a plane ride. Versatile, jeans can be dressed up in the city of your choice with flats or heels, and can be your solace on an unexpected chilly night. Bring your old faithful pair, you’re guaranteed to need them at some point!
1. Seven for All Mankind Stretch Skinny Jeans, $155. 2. BDG Vintage Crackle Cigarette Jean, $54.
More than combatting the chill of the airplane, scarves serve as playful accessories to punch up your look. A scarf can instantly transform a ho hum ‘fit into fashion ferocity! Try these (note Rihanna is a fan of the middle option):
1. Silk Jacquard Scarf, $28. 2. Chan Luu Triangular Ethnic Scarf, $175. 3. A Peace Treaty Jhal Jhao Scarf, $99.
4. Graphic T-Shirts
1. Barack The Vote Sunshine T, $25. 2. Fashion Bomb T-Shirt, $21. 3. Natural Woman T, $25.
5. Tote Bag:
Use a large handbag to carry around all your essentials–reading, maps, your passport, and lipgloss!
1. Gianni Bini Addison Shopper, $142. 2. Melie Banco Double Handle Rouche, $95. 3. Armani Exchange Quilted Patent Tote Bag, $150.
6. Comfy Shoes
For pounding the pavement, nothing is better than a pair of chic flats or fashionable sneaks:
1. London Sole Metallic Flat with Patent Trim, $90. 2.Puma by Miharayasuhiro Patent Leather Sneaker, $160. 3. Dolce Vita Adam Flat Thong Bootie, $138. 4. J.Crew Penelope Ballet Flats, $120.
7. & 8. One Pair of Heels + Wrinkle Free Dress
As Beyonce shows, once you touch down it’s not all about comfort! For nights out, pack one or two wrinkle free dresses and one sensible pair of heels in neutral colors so you can mix and match:
1. Holly Ruche Jersey Dress in Light Olive, $84. 2. Riller & Fount Boatneck Jersey Dress, $135. 3. Imagine Keely High Heel Wedge Sandal, $91. 4. Charles by Charles David Spin Wedge, $110.
9. Oversized Sunglasses
Hide those tired eyes upon touchdown, then flaunt your specs for sightseeing. I love my Gucci shades, but you can still look hot in non designer brands:
1. D& G Dolce & Gabbana Oversized Logo Wrap Sunglasses, $150. 2. Max Studio Harlow Sunglasses, $90. 3. Armani Exchange Large Round Sunglasses, $70.
10. Oh so chic Carry On
Put everything in one bag if you can. You don’t want to deal with possible luggage lost (or extra fees for checking too much!). Go with something like these…
1. Diane Von Furstenberg Scallop Collection Expandable Bag, $180. 2.Liz Claiborne Escapade 21″ Suitcase, $130. 3. International Traveler Lightweight Wheeled Suitcase, $119.
Besides, you don’t want to be stuck like some people…
The interns will be taking over for me next week (and I’ll be checking in from across the pond!)
11 Responses to “28 Fashionable Travel Essentials under $200”
Leave a Reply
Popular Posts This Week
blog advertising is good for you