October 21st, 2006
Boutique Spotlight, New York Shopping, Shopping
New York Boutique Spotlight: Harriet’s Alter Ego

Brooklyn has tons of boutiques, and Harriet’s Alter Ego is one of my favorites!

100_3692

They have vintage, minimalist, African inspired clothing, shoes, and accessories:

They’re pretty affordable, with clothing ranging from $15 to about $250 in price.
I thought the following items were great; they can add a little flair to maybe a black dress or a white t-shirt and jeans…and you wouldn’t have to worry about seeing 15 people wearing it at work.
The jacket was $125

This shorter version was $95

And this red number was $125 (can you imagine this over a black sheath dress?? Impeccable!)

They have so much more than just women’s clothing…
They have shoes in an affordable price range (from about $50 up)

Men’s clothes:

This men’s corduroy jacket was only $80

And leather bags like this $320 one by Yana Handbags:

They also have an art gallery in the back and feature artwork from local Brooklyn artists every month.

Harriet’s Alter Ego is located at 293 Flatbush Avenue between St. Marks and Prospect Place. Visit their myspace page www.myspace.com/harrietsalterego, website www.harrietsalteregoonline.com, or give ‘em a ring at 718-783-2074.

Smootches!

7 Responses to “New York Boutique Spotlight: Harriet’s Alter Ego”

I like the fact that you go all over the city looking for hot sales and Fashion.It helps that You’re so cute ;-)wish I could meet you.

I just moved to New York and have been wanting to visit Harriet’s Alter Ego, which I found on MySpace. I can’t wait.

thanks for sharing~!!! the stuffs are really nice!!! pls keep telling me about nice fashion! : )

Jac (hong kong)

Hi Claire,

I just discovered your site (via ybf.blogspot.com) and I love it, love it, love it! I love the fact that you show us how to save and still be fabulous, afterall, not everyone can easily afford $800 shoes. Plus, financial advice???? Very smart well-rounded blog…you have a fan in me!

5. SMD says:

Hey Claire, I also come from ybf….by the way, you are indeed a cute one! Good luck on the blog and keep up the good work.

6. Luvvie says:

I LOVE your blog!! YBF put me on. You got yourself one more loyal reader and fellow fashion fiend. :-D

I love Harriet’s Alter Ego. While sometimes I find their stuff a lil pricey (really I’m a 20 yr old college student with a work study job)…their items are cool..and when they have a sale they have a sale…Also, peep some of the tshirts from a brand they sell on Def Prez in Dave Chapelle’s Block Party. If you’re looking for other cool boutiques in BK try Pieces…aight, stay up..

BKQueen86